Janice's lifestyle

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I wonder where Janice's personality came from, did Richard Hunt ever say in any interview or document mention? When Richard were to perform a female character, she would sound like Gladys. And when he took over Janice, then this new voice came about and this laid back free spirit personality came out. "Now look that's my life okay, so if I want to go to the beach and run around nak....oh" lol I love that line from The Great Muppet Caper. lol But like I was mentioning, Janice didn't have much of a personality until Richard performed her. And wasn't she originally called "Sexy Seedie" and was originally suppose to look like a characture of Janis Joplin? I think I remember seeing that on the old Henson.com archives back in the early 2000s.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I wonder where Janice's personality came from, did Richard Hunt ever say in any interview or document mention?
Jessica Max Stein did an interview with a friend of Richard's recently: "Janice, I was there when he came up with her. Many of the characters came up with Richard just mocking people. The hippie chick was just like the hippie chick. That was something Richard did for years."

Her name was a tribute to Janice Joplin but her looks were apparently supposed to suggest Mick Jagger originally, lol.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Jessica Max Stein did an interview with a friend of Richard's recently: "Janice, I was there when he came up with her. Many of the characters came up with Richard just mocking people. The hippie chick was just like the hippie chick. That was something Richard did for years."

Her name was a tribute to Janice Joplin but her looks were apparently supposed to suggest Mick Jagger originally, lol.
That's really interesting to hear. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes, I believe the character was supposed to be a likeness of Mick Jagger, but I believe the design and the puppet ended up looking TOO femine, so they instead made the character female and named her after Janis Joplin. I wouldn't swear to it, but that's what I recall... I'm sure Muppet Wiki can either confirm that or deny it.

But as fer her and Floyd being an item, didn't Floyd himself say at the one and only Muppet Fest that he and Janice were indeed pretty tight, or used to be, and that they hadn't too tight as of late?

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Well, heh, that's not exactly what he said. :wink:
He said "Janice isn't so tight anymore." I still don't even get what Floyd/Jerry meant. Is it meant one way (like "Mmmm yeah were close but no so close as we used to be") or that other "sexy" way?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Or he could've just meant she's getting pretty up there in age so she ain't as "groovy" as she used to be. :flirt: