Pre-Order Sesame Street Old School Volume 3 (1979-1984) coming to DVD 11/6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foodie

Reaction score
It could be inferred it's the next five season premieres (the plots of two are mentioned in the official statement).
Ah, for some reason I thought they listed the episode numbers. Well, I'm open for spoilers should anyone find out whats on each episode before the set comes out. I just want my frog cartoon mostly. :smirk:

Drtooth

Reaction score
It could be inferred it's the next five season premieres (the plots of two are mentioned in the official statement).
To be more specific:

Season 11

Season 12

Season 13

Seasom 14

Season 15 which will have YET another copy of that 2 Doll House segment.

Deena and Pearl would have to be a Classic Cut if they're going to be on the DVD, as they're not in any of the episodes. i REALLY hope they are a classic cut. They've been lost forever. But it does seem some pretty rare stuff is on these sets already, including the episode where Richard Hunt plays an actual human character.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Thats interesting that Richard plays some one I think that will be neat to see all in it's self.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I still kinda wish they'd've swapped some of the first season openers for more iconic episodes. I'd rather have the death of Mr. Hooper in full than Gordon runs the marathon.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I still kinda wish they'd've swapped some of the first season openers for more iconic episodes. I'd rather have the death of Mr. Hooper in full than Gordon runs the marathon.
I wouldn't be surprised if the scene with Mr. Hooper's death were included as a bonus feature. The previous "Old School" releases seemed to have some non-inserts like the original "I Love Trash" and "I've Got Two" (well, they at least seem to be non-inserts). I'm surprised that episode was not released on iTunes, considering other season 15 episodes were.

Somehow I have the feeling that this one won't have the second test pilot. I'd been hoping these would each include a test pilot until they ran out. But I'd rather have bonus segments.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This may be cool because they may do a tribute to Jerry!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I wish they'd put the disclaimer on it that was more honest.

"We released this because classic Sesame Street fans wouldn't stop badgering us. This is not intended for near sighted grandmas to buy for their preschool aged grandchildren. Elmo's not mugging the camera every five minutes so we assume they'd be lost. Seriously. We release, like 5 Elmo videos a year. They HAVE theirs. This is for you."
Or something like "While these DVDs can be educational, they don't feature the character that brings in the money."

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. I mean, on the one hand, I don't see anything questionable or objectionable to the old school DVD's being watched by kids. But the fact of the matter is, this is for us. There's a LOT of 30 minute DVD's which somehow is all a child can tolerate on a DVD for some reason made specifically for them. While we would buy these before the internet had Youtube for rare sketches. The DVD's and VHS, that is. But those are meant for parents to shove in the DVD player/VCR to shut their kids up for a whole (completely worth the 10 dollar pricetag) half hour. They've been saying "heck with anyone over the age of 6" for years. Then they finally give us something we want.

It's like the difference between the Looney Tunes Spotlight collection and the Looney Tunes Golden collection. Small amounts of PC classic cartoons for children, the rest of them for serious collectors. Nothing wrong with kids watching the Old School collection by any means, but it's something we begged for since the beginning of Muppet web boards.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah. I mean, on the one hand, I don't see anything questionable or objectionable to the old school DVD's being watched by kids. But the fact of the matter is, this is for us.
Which is fine, I just don't want them giving me some psychological hogwash about them being "dangerous." The whole thing was insulting to my intelligence and contributing to the degradation of our popular culture saying children should stay away from anything old.

Status
Not open for further replies.