Old Nick Appreciation Thread

What was your favorite show?

• Total voters

Hayley B

Reaction score
Wow, so amazed at others loved Count Duckula too. My parents thought it was a stupid show. I didn't care. I loved it.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I started religiously watching Nick, CN, and all those other kids' networks back in 2000 (at 12) when me and my family moved into a new apartment and got cable for the first time. Before that, I saw a few episodes of Rugrats and Ren & Stimpy on those distinctive orange VHS tapes.

Hayley B

Reaction score

Of course, this too! How could anyone forget this?
He came around my brother Dylan's era. But I love to imitate him with his "burp brrr burr". :smile:

Which reminds me. Dylan loved Gulla Gulla Island back then. They actually came to Delaware and we watched their show.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That made me smile. :smile:
I want to sing an old theme song now:

*ahem* :sing: "Pinwheel, pinwheel, spinning around. Look at my Pinwheel and see what I've found.
Pinwheel, pinwheel, where have you been? Hello, how are you, and may I come in?
Pinwheel, pinwheel spinning around. Look at my Pinwheel and see what I found.
Pinwheel, pinwheel, breezy and bright. Spin me good morning, spin me good night."
Yay, nostalgia buddies! Lol :halo:

Hayley B

Reaction score
They use to show this one the most back in my day. When thinking of the Nickelodeon bumpers.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Some of my favorite 90s Nick bumpers:

And my personal favorite, the uncut calling cades bumper, that included the announcer gettting slimed. I used to be able to easily find it on youtube, but now not so much.

And I know this is early 2000 Nick, but it's nostalgia for me:

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
*pokes head back in thread*

In my opinion, "Old Nick" begins with the end of Danny Phantom and Jimmy Neutron

*retreats*

To each his/her own, but I personally found both of these shows obnoxious, mostly because Jimmy Neutron has to be one of the most unlikeable protagonists in the history of animation, and, while Danny phantom was more tolerable, it still had way too many cliches, both in characters (people, not every high school populace worships jocks and cheerleaders) and storylines (every time Danny and Sam would say "s/he's not my boyfriend/girlfriend, I would literally think "okay, how long until these two get together?" Seriously, it was that obvious).

Personally, I think the only really good show Nick has had in years is the Penguins of Madagascar (although I do wish the lemurs would get a spin-off; I love those little furry dudes!).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Jimmy Neutron has to be one of the most unlikeable protagonists in the history of animation
I have to agree, it was physically painful for me to try and watch that show. :ouch:

While Danny phantom was more tolerable, it still had way too many cliches
I liked Danny better. It never became a regular thing for me, but some episodes were actually very sweet. :smile:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Personally, I thought Timmy Turner was more of an unlikable protagonist than Jimmy. Especially in later episodes.

robodog

Reaction score
Well both Jimmy and Timmy tend to bring their problems on themselves much of the time.