Scooter being introduced in episode 6

mupcollector1

Reaction score
How come he was episode one, and in episode 6 he was introduced as a new comer?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
The episodes were aired in a different order than they were filmed, so the Jim Nabors episode aired before the first episode in most markets.

Hubert

Reaction score
Other than what charlietheowl said, there has been some debate over that. Many people actually believe that this episode was made to be a flashback of sorts. Then others believe that it's just the Muppets' non-canon. Then still others believe what charlietheowl said was what they were aiming for.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I would wonder if it could truly be considered a flashback if they didn't address it as such, and there was no noticeable difference between the theater surroundings in the two episodes.

There is probably no real answer though.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I was wondering that one too...It didn't make sense to me...

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Yes, Scooter features prominently in episodes 1 and 2 of the original show but does not appear again until ep. 6. They are in chronological order on the DVD as well, so it does indeed seem awkward that he's introduced twice. I know when the show originally aired the UK and US versions were different, so it's possible that Scooter's part in ep. 1 was not originally aired in the UK, making his origin in ep. 6 his proper introduction (if you lived in the UK).

Hubert

Reaction score
I think the episodes arent in order on dvd.
The episodes on the DVD's are in order of production number - the order they put them in while filming. This is not necessarily the exact air order.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The episodes on the DVD's are in order of production number - the order they put them in while filming. This is not necessarily the exact air order.
Not quite... I mean, if that were the case, then Scooter's introduction would probably be the first one on the DVD, the episodes are in broadcast order on DVD.

This is a problem with almost every single television series ever known to man: episodes are planned, filmed, canned, etc in a certain order, however, very rarely do the networks ever air them in that order. Most of the time, the episodes ARE aired in order in RERUNS, but for some reason, during the initial airing of the season, they're not always aired in order. A lot of it has to do with scheduling, certain months networks have what's called a "sweep", which I guess they really have to grab people's attention and interest because of more people watching TV or something, so they may air certain episodes that might seem more interesting to people during that time than what should come next in chronological order. And yes, there have been occasions where the pilot episode of the series isn't aired until a few weeks later, so in some of those cases, they are treated as "flashback" episodes when they weren't meant to be... that may or may not have been the case with TMS, those TMS was one of those shows that had separate pilots as opposed to just the first episode being dubbed "Pilot Episode" as is the case with a number of series.