Muppet One Shots

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Gonzo One Shot:

Gonzo knew what people thought of him, and it never bothered him. It seemed common to him, the words of 'weirdo', or a 'whatever'. He like being different, it gave him a sense of uniqueness and wonder. He would cautiously admit that growing up with out knowing who his parents were had been a little harsh on him. Maybe that had been the reason for doing theater and his maniacal, daredevil stunts. To push away the resentment of feeling unwanted and lonely, of being the only one of his kind. Gonzo could remember when he had turned eighteen he had immediately left his last foster care home and became a plumber's apprentice.

It had been exciting working the pipes and toilets of every home. It was interesting to see how easily the job came to him, in the end he surpassed his mentor. Joe the Plumber had been such a good friend to Gonzo, almost like the missing father figure Gonzo had looked for his entire life. They had worked together for over five years, and it that time Joe had started to wind down because of his age.

Joe had never looked at Gonzo funnily, or made a remark about his abnormal nose. Not once had he judged Gonzo, and for this, the weirdo was always happy and content. Every morning Gonzo would wake up, look in the mirror, and found he could see no more differences in his appearance. Joe had taught Gonzo to believe in himself and never let the world convince you that you're not good enough. Ever since meeting Joe, the blue whatever had stopped thinking of himself as strange; from that point on, he was unique.

In the last few years of their partnership, Gonzo noticed how Joe wasn't as active as he had been before. His face sagged with more wrinkles and his hair was now almost completely gray. Joe's gnarled fingers could no longer work the screws of the pipes or his own tools. Gonzo finally told Joe to take it easy and he'd take care of everything. The daredevil would never forget the morning he received a call from Thomas, Joe's lawyer. Joe had died of a heart attack and had left his entire business to Gonzo in his will. The funeral was short and bitter for Gonzo. Only a few of his friend's children had even shown up to pay what little respect they had for their own father.

As soon as it was over, Gonzo ran home and immediately packed his bags and took to the road, not once looking back. Everything he had ever known was now far behind him, and the future was a long, dusty trail ahead. The plumbing business went smoothly and Gonzo was finally starting to make a few more bucks on the side. He tried to ignore the looks people gave him or some of the not so subtle snide remarks. Gonzo was always on the road and he never stayed in the same place twice.

On one occasion he had popped one of his tires and was forced to pull to the side of the road. While he had been working, a large van and truck had pulled over and the man in the passenger seat had asked if Gonzo needed any assistance. Slowly nodding Gonzo had answered yes and allowed the men to help him. The man who had first offered help was named Dave Goelz. He was an interesting character to Gonzo, strange yet humorous. A tall bearded man soon appeared next to Dave and introduced himself as Jim Henson. Gonzo watched as in a flash of green a frog stood next to Jim and called himself Kermit.

At that time Gonzo knew nothing about these people who would soon become his future associates. As each person and 'muppet', as they called themselves, stepped from the van, Gonzo noticed how each muppet or group of muppet stayed near each person. A particular man stepped forward at one point to offer help with the wheel Jim and Jerry were having difficulty with. As he did, Gonzo caught sight of the most beautiful creature he had ever seen. A beautifully proportioned body swathed in the whitest feathers the weirdo had ever before laid eyes on. They seemed to create a bright halo around the feminine poultry before him. Her eyes sparkled a bright blue as she gazed at him curiously behind long, dark eyelashes. Gonzo noticed for the first time that this angelic creature was surrounded by her other chikfriends.
They always travel in flocks, he thought in amusement to himself.
“There.” Dave proudly announced, interrupting Gonzo's train of thought. “Your tire's as good as new, and we should be back on our way.”
“Wait, you're leaving already? Where are you going?” Gonzo panicked. He might never see that chicken again.
“Yeah, we're going to Hollywood to get our 'Big and Famous' contract. What about you, where you headed Gonzo?” Something about the way he said it made Gonzo feel like there was a deeper meaning to the question.
“I was headed....” Where? What could he possibly do? All he knew was far behind him, maybe it was time to take a different road. Find a new future, a better place to be happy.
“I was actually going the same way as you guys.” Gonzo finished, his mouth set in a curious form of determination. Almost as if he was half smiling, half grimacing.
“Did you ever consider theater, Gonzo? This group of nut jobs could always use a few more screws, what do you say, buddy? Want to join the Muppet crew?” For the first time in a long time, the blue whatever smiled genuinely.
“Say, Dave. Ever heard of someone multiplying by sevens while holding up a piano as “Flight of the Bumblebees” is being played by an orchestra?”
“Nah, can't say that I have. Why, have you?”
Gonzo chuckled to himself. “No, but I'd always wanted try, I guarantee a good show.” He held out his blue felted hand to the performer.
“The name's Gonzo, Gonzo the Great.” Dave looked down at the ground and laughed to himself. Taking the ex-plumber's hand, he said, “Dave Goelz, welcome aboard, Gonzo. You know something?” He asked, breaking the hand shake.
“What?” Gonzo said, slightly confused.
“I have a feeling we're gonna be working very closely.”
“Ya know something, Dave? I wouldn't doubt it. I wouldn't doubt it at all.”

The muppet group quickly moved back into their respective vehicles, almost in the same order as they had exited them. In a short time Gonzo had been introduced to Kermit the Frog, the involuntary leader with Jim Henson, Fozzie Bear, a little sour on jokes but a well meaning soul all the same, and then there was that diva of swine. Miss mademoiselle Piggy, her figure was easy on the eyes, but word to the wise don't get in the way of her fist, you might find your self with a black eye instead. Both she and Fozzie worked with Frank Oz, best friends with Jim and Kermit, though Piggy made it obvious Kermit and she were much more than friends.

The moment Gonzo felt like he had waited a lifetime for, eventually arrived. There, standing before him, was the angel of all poultry.
“Byok bagok bak bak.”
Hello, my name is Camilla.
“My name's Gonzo. It's a pleasure to meet you Camilla, and might I say you're beautiful?”
A bright pink dusted Camilla's white cheeks. “Bagok ba.” Thank you.
“You're welcome. Would you mind riding the rest of the way to Hollywood with a whatever?” Camilla smiled sweetly at Gonzo, causing his heart to stop briefly.
“Baak ba bagok byuck cluck.” I wouldn't mind going anywhere with you. And from that day forward, she never minded at all.

There ya go, and good night!:stick_out_tongue:

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Hehe, nah. I could only dream of being that special. :wink: Love ya count! Muppet and moderator!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
Awwwww cute! That vision of pure white feathers...nice description of their first meeting, the lovebird-and-lovewhatever. I like the idea of Gonzo taking up plumbing because of a guy who did it and didn't look askance at the weirdo. And I could accept the idea of the gang meeting up with the lonely plumber on the road, and all heading on to Hollywood...which is KIND of how the movie went, and as we all know, the movie is KIND of how the real events proceeded! Nice re-imagining. :smile:

-------------

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Aw, thanks you guys! Who would like to see done next? I don't know if that sentence was fromed correctly....:stick_out_tongue: