When you need to rant...

Drtooth

Reaction score
They had the episodes where people confronted their fears (I remember seeing a woman freaking out because a frog was brought on stage), "sexy" makeovers, and rebellious teenagers if I remember correctly.
Even with that stuff... I mean... bleh! Jerry Springer at least is camp sleaze. Sure, it's a camp sleaze that's since lost its charm, but it's a masochistic pleasure for some people. Maury's just a broken record that has one heck of a contract. But the sad thing is, if anyone remembers the 90's, there was such a gluttony of sleazy talk shows. Maury failed to stand out against any of them. Now, most of those people had the common sense to bail on the genre when it was dying out, and Maury's one of the 4 people that still bother with a dead genre. He must get a Brinks truck full of money for every episode, because I don't see anyone bothering to get up and go to that sort of work in the morning. At least sober.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
People in a restuarant letting their kids climb under the tables and make stupid noises so they could eat. I mean really?? Some people just have no consideration for others nor any manners. -_-

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Whenever female celebrities appear on talk shows or award shows or other similar appearances, and they put like layers and layers of oil all over their legs, it just looks... ick... what's the deal with that? Why do they want to make their legs look un-naturally slimy and shiny?

Sah-ree, I's a leg-snowth

mo

Reaction score
Years ago, there were some special paperback editions released of the old Fudge books by Judy Blume, so I figured I'd pick them up because I loved those books as a kid, and never actually owned a copy of any of them.

I had actually forgotten about them until recently, so I picked one up and started flipping through it, and here's what I have to rant about: the fact that Ms. Blume made some changes throughout, I'm guessing so that it would make more sense, or be more relatable to today's children... for example, in one original book, Fudge mentions that he likes to watch Sesame Street and The Electric Company, but now he says he likes to watch Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network. Likewise, Peter makes out his wishlist to Santa (despite not believing in him) which now contains such items as CDs, and a laptop computer, among other things.

Maybe I'm too much of a purist, but I was a little bothered by the changes.
what makes that even worse is that nick and cn are really going down hill :frown:

Drtooth

Reaction score
what makes that even worse is that nick and cn are really going down hill :frown:
(Facepalm)

Yeah... CN booted the reality TV shows that NO ONE liked and no one asked for... but it's going downhill because they refuse to air 15 year old cartoons.

Reactions: mo

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Urgh, Bus Drivers! Today, I was taking a bus to my family's house and the driver was an idiot, through and through. He took the wrong lane back into Inverness instead of out. Not only that, but when he was turning around to go the right way, he DID NOT see a clear-as-day-wearing-a-reflective-coat-yellow-was-just-behind-the-car-he-let-pass-motorcyclist, and they almost collided!

And to top it all off, he complained about where I was stopping! Well, I'm sorry my house isn't in the town and is in the country, but when I do say the name of my house to anyone, they have no-idea where it is!

ARGH! :mad: