Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
See I have no problems like I said with Jim, the Muppeteers calling them puppets or even us hardcore Muppet folks it just irks me when it's other people are like "their just puppets" or "they must feel dumb talking to a puppet." That's what annoys me the most!
Oh, I don't care if they call them puppets. (Ok, it does bug me a little...) What I was saying was that they said "puppets" him instead of performing, or voice.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I think the one that got to me most was "oh a piece of talking felt."

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Yep, so few people realize what actually goes into puppetry. Putting a puppet on your hand a moving around is easy, but it's NOT puppeteering. Puppetry takes hard work, determination, years and years of practice, art, talent, etc., and sadly, people just take that for granted.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
That's what's sad that some people can't see beyond just a piece of felt. It's not like your preschool toys it goes so far beyond that. Anyways I don't wanna muffin this anymore and like I said I don't mind the word puppet it just gets to me when it's used in a disrespectful way.

Anyways here's one "That bear is so cute I just wanna hug him!" :/ Frank Oz should hunt this person down who not only didn't know one of his characters name but also using the "C" word!

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Actually, that one's not that bad. I mean, yeah Frank Oz doesn't like to consider the Muppets 'cute', and I don't like to think of them as 'cute' in the sense that they're 'simply for the kids'. But in that case, I think the person was using the term 'cute' as a means of admiration.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Point taken and I was joking on the Frank Oz thing since that was a hot topic around here for awhile unless it still is which I don't know cause I unliked that thread months ago. Well we could always go with "Bonzo." Yep I saw this one a long time ago "I love the Great Bonzo"

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I remember when I was very young I called Gonzo "Gonzol" (and I called Fozzie "Flozzie"). I guess it grows into people over time.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Aww that actually sounds cute. Oh crap I just said "cute" again. Ugh! What is wrong with me?!!