The Most Musical Muppet Film of all

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Muppets are very musical characters, but what do you think is the most musical Muppet film of all?
The first three are close, but I think the most musical films are The Great Muppet Caper, the latest Muppet movie, and The Muppet Christmas Carol.

What do you think, consider the music and the amount of singing and dancing in each film.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Muppets from Space.

Jokes aside, in terms of incorporating songs into the narrative effectively, I would say The Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island did it the best. The original three films were good at it, The Great Muppet Caper doing it the best, but the thing is that most of the songs don't really move the narrative along. As beautiful as "I'm Going to Go Back There Someday" is, it comes the heck out of nowhere and could easily be cut out. The Muppets also did superb with incorporating the songs even if some of them are misplaced ("Me Party" anyone?).

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Muppets from Space.

Jokes aside, in terms of incorporating songs into the narrative effectively, I would say The Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island did it the best.
I agree, except for "Cabin Fever" in MTI, which in almost every sense of the word, was a Big Lipped Alligator Moment (if you don't know what it is, I refer you to looking it up on YouTube).

Animal'sBunny

Reaction score
I love the The Muppets and Muppet Treasure Island soundtracks.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Hmmm....
The Muppet Movie has (Rainbow Connection, the dance Kermit and Fozzie do at the El Sleezo, Movin' Right Along, Can You Picture That, Never Before Never Again, I Hope That Something Better Comes Along, Fozzie's "America", the quick Movin Right Along reprise, and The Magic Store (finale)) In total: 9 song and dance numbers

The Great Muppet Caper has (Hey a Movie, Happiness Hotel, Steppin' Out With A Star, Nightlife, The First Time It Happens, Couldn't We Ride, Miss Piggy's Fantasy, and Hey A Movie reprise (finale) ) In total: 8 song and dance numbers

The Muppets Take Manhattan has (Together Again, You Can't Take No For An Answer, Saying Goodbye, Rat Scat, I'm Gonna Always Love You, Right Where I (We) Belong, Somebody's Getting Married, and He'll Make Me Happy) In total: 8 song and dance numbers

The Muppet Christmas Carol has (Scrooge, One More Sleep Till Christmas, Marley and Marley, When Love is Gone, Christmas Scat, Bless Us All, Thankful Heart, and the Finale) In total: 8 song and dance numbers (9 if you wanna count Fozziwig's Party, and 11 if you wanna also count Room In Your Heart and Chairman of The Board (The cut songs from the movie) )

Muppet Treasure Island has (Shiver My Timbers, Something Better, Sailing For Adventure, Cabin Fever, A Professional Pirate, Boom Shakalaka and Love Led Us Here) In total: 7 song and dance numbers

(Not counting Muppets from Space)

The Muppets has (Life's a Happy Song, Pictures in My Head, Moopets Rainbow Connection, Me Party, Let's Talk About Me, Man or Muppet, Smells Like Teen Spirit, Forget You, Rainbow Connection, The Whistling Caruso, and Life's A Happy Song reprise (finale) ) In total: 11 song and dance numbers (12 if you count We Built This City)

So, pretty much, The Muppets has the most musical numbers.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
I would agree with MissMusical12 on The Muppets. It has the most musical numbers out of all the Muppet movies.
I wonder how many musical numbers The Muppets 2 will have?
Probably just as much as The Muppets. I wouldn't be surprised. But that has to depend on what the plot is going to be for it.

What I'm actually surprised about is that The Muppets has more numbers than any other Muppet movie (However, some of the songs we're pretty forgettable in my opinion (Me Party and Let's Talk About Me, in particular.) )

Animal'sBunny

Reaction score
(However, some of the songs we're pretty forgettable in my opinion (Me Party and Let's Talk About Me, in particular.) )
Really? I mean, I didn't really like Let's Talk About me and admittedly can't remember the words to save my life, but I really, really liked Me Party. But yeah, I agree about The Muppets being the most musical.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'll go with Muppets Take Manhattan. Besides the fact that it's actually about a musical, the soundtrack really helps carry the emotions of the characters throughout the story. :smile: