Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's what's sad that some people can't see beyond just a piece of felt. It's not like your preschool toys it goes so far beyond that. Anyways I don't wanna muffin this anymore and like I said I don't mind the word puppet it just gets to me when it's used in a disrespectful way.
Heh, I was on the receiving end of crap like that once, when years ago, I commented on the video with Elmo and Ricky Gervais, and I remarked how disappointed I was that SST comes on at an inconvenient time on my PBS, which means I'd have to miss out on the new season (and pretty much have missed every new season since Season 39)... then some idiot responds with, "Dude, you watch Sesame Street? How old are you?"

So I went back at him saying I dealt with this "Muppets are for babies" crap as a kid, but I don't have to put up with it as an adult, and through YouTube comments no less.

So then the guy responded back with, "Well yeah, the Muppets rock, but this is Sesame Street, and you watch Sesame Street? Do you go to Walmart and play with Leap Frog too?"

:rolleyes:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Plus, Kermit did say Scooter's name was "cute" when they first met.
Yes, and Scooter was a kid then, but now he is not an after college go-fer if I am correct.

When I was young, I used to say, "Wembley is so cute and I want to hug him." I didn't say a different word instead of "cute" back then. Now, I would say he is adorable, young, and silly too.

What does annoy me is when I see words like "little green guy" or "Wilfred" either by accident or on purpose.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
I don't know if this has been said yet but, I feel the need to bring this horrible misnaming to light!
An acquaintance of mine who moved away posted a Muppet video on my Facebook wall, I commented that I liked it, that is was funny or whatever and then she goes, "I loved Mrs. Piggy" and then I went off on her about how that is not Miss Piggy's name...

Miss Piggy's name is MISS PIGGY! She didn't marry someone gain the name Piggy, she is pig therefore, that's some of why her name is Piggy! Miss Piggy is the equivalent of referring to someone like so: Miss (insert first name here)

But then there's also the whole 'Miss Piggy's first name is legally Miss' which I chose not to get into because this acquaintance of mine thinks she's the genius of the whole wide world would have something over-analytical to say about it.

This misnaming REALLY annoyed me! I mean, its not like Miss Piggy is an obscure Muppet, people who don't even really know many Muppets at all usually know Miss Piggy if not Kermit!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yeah I've come across those before I just ignore them. Because even when I've tried to explain things they still think their right. I figure why bother talking to a brick wall. :/

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
"I don't think Kermit liked Miss Piggy at first because of her weight"
Me-HIYAH! :mad:

"Am I the only one that knows Piggy and Yoda are voiced by the same actor?"
Me-Why yes yes you are :rolleyes:

"I love TMS such great animation"
Me-Wow they look so real! How about that other animated show called The Muppet Babies? :scary:
"Voiced by the same actor". Again, totally misinterpets the talent of puppetry. And yes, I'm sure that person is the only one who knows Piggy and Yoda are "voiced by the same actor". It's not like fans of, oh I don't know, the Muppets or Star Wars are aware of this.

I'm not exactly sure how to interpret that last comment. Puppetry is sort of like animation.... I guess.