Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
It could be English wasn't their first language; that happens sometimes.
That's a good point. It's not alway easy to get a point across is you're not extremely familiar with another language.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's a good point. It's not alway easy to get a point across is you're not extremely familiar with another language.
I'm noticing people on forums in general becoming more aware of that. If something's not your first language, your posts can look really awkward, lol.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Well you can't really blame them I mean I don't think many people sit there and really think about what goes into puppetry like us Muppet purists tend to do. Movement wise I guess I can see how one would interpret it like animation but I don't really see it myself.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well you can't really blame them I mean I don't think many people sit there and really think about what goes into puppetry like us Muppet purists tend to do. Movement wise I guess I can see how one would interpret it like animation but I don't really see it myself.
Well when Kermit was at the Oscars he talked about how "animated characters like us can do anything!" Like things real life people can't do. Then the joke was that Scooter had trouble opening the envelope without Jim Henson's help, lol.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Right, I don't think people really see what goes into certain jobs like puppetry, voice acting, or even photography until they've tried it.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Well when Kermit was at the Oscars he talked about how "animated characters like us can do anything!" Like things real life people can't do. Then the joke was that Scooter had trouble opening the envelope without Jim Henson's help, lol.
:jim:: Excuse me, I have a frog in my throat.
:wink:: AHAHHHAAAHAHA!!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
All I'm saying is when I saw the comment I obviously interpreted it as they meant it was a cartoon show which is why it came off as odd to me. My intention wasn't to start a debate about the difference between puppetry and animation. :/

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Right, I don't think people really see what goes into certain jobs like puppetry, voice acting, or even photography until they've tried it.
Your standard Hollywood actor wishes he had the talent of your standard voice actor. :wink:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I thought Kermit comparing himself to Woody in an interview got the point across very nicely. Lol

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
All I'm saying is when I saw the comment I obviously interpreted it as they meant it was a cartoon show which is why it came off as odd to me. My intention wasn't to start a debate about the difference between puppetry and animation. :/
No big deal, it's an interesting debate, hehe.