Found new stuff in The Great Muppet Caper

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me; ABC Family is pretty brutal when it comes to cutting scenes for time. I learned this during their 25 days of Christmas programming, lol.
I am so glad I don't have cable, because you may never know that the scene you love is cut.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I am so glad I don't have cable, because you may never know that the scene you love is cut.
Same here, no cable for me. Just some wi-fi and my fabulous DVD collection. I never watched much TV anyhow. Any new episodes of shows I like, I just watch on their site :smile:

Did Disney Channel edit anything out of the Muppet Movies when they were on during the late 90s?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
One thing I remember about GMC, that scene where the Muppets are listing what they'll need for the mission ("I don't have any other pants" and "Animal ate the peanut butter"). As a kid I didn't realize that was supposed to be funny, I took them perfectly seriously that that's what they needed, lol.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
One thing I remember about GMC, that scene where the Muppets are listing what they'll need for the mission ("I don't have any other pants" and "Animal ate the peanut butter"). As a kid I didn't realize that was supposed to be funny, I took them perfectly seriously that that's what they needed, lol.
Same here. lol

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Btw I love the cameo that GMC made in that episode of Muppet Babies where they're discussing what they'll be when they grow up.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Btw I love the cameo that GMC made in that episode of Muppet Babies where they're discussing what they'll be when they grow up.
I remember that. There was also an episode of Muppet Babies where they had Muppet Show footage but it was Frank Welker dubbing over it :frown: Frank Welker is great, one of the top people in the voice acting industry. But I always prefered the actual performers doing the voices personally. That's probably why I'm more of a Classic Muppet fan and not so much Muppet Babies, Little Muppet Monsters, etc. Except the piece in Muppets Take Manhattan and the music video. Those were cool. lol I still remember Jim in the music video breaking the window and walking out with gelled hair, sungalsses and giant fabricated Kermit feet lol Why that's not avalable on itunes, I have no idea. lol :smile:

My favorite part in the movie was the nightlife number. lol Some of the Muppets hanging out the window driving like crazy as cars are honking at them. lol And The Swedish Chef smiling at the cars nodding his head out the window. And there's a point in the movie where he's in front, the passenger seat next to Pops doing this suddle head banging as a version of Nightlife is being played as they were going to the Gallery. lol

I remember I posted all the lisence plate numbers that I spotted in the movie, it'll be very interesting if someone were to find the plates or actual cars from the movie. lol Then again, this was 1981. lol
I know the Electric Mayhem Bus, the actual one from The Muppet Movie got sold on eBay years ago. I don't know if it was the real thing or just a fan made replica. Which reminds me. How to they get The Muppets to drive actual cars? There's got to be an actual driver in a secret part of the car, the cars must have been made special for the movies. :smile: But now in the chroma key, special digital effects age you can fix it up easily with computer technology but before that, it's just amazing all these film tricks and such.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Yeah, in most cases, if not all, there's somebody driving from the back of the car.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I remember that. There was also an episode of Muppet Babies where they had Muppet Show footage but it was Frank Welker dubbing over it :frown: Frank Welker is great, one of the top people in the voice acting industry. But I always prefered the actual performers doing the voices personally.
I totally understand, but I admit I have always been a Muppet Babies fan. And hey the guy did Baby Kermit and Megatron, now that's saying something, lol.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I totally understand, but I admit I have always been a Muppet Babies fan. And hey the guy did Baby Kermit and Megatron, now that's saying something, lol.
As well as the original Freddy Jones of the original Scooby Doo, Where are you. :smile: He's always hired if a show needs animal noises, he's the person everyone hires for that. lol :smile:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Bwahaha! There are so many occasions where movies have to dub lines for network television broadcasts, and sometimes, the dubbed lines sound NOTHING like the original actor's voice... like one example that I can sort of repeat on this forum was the beginning of the dance number from Good Burger, where George Clinton's line, "Hoo! That music sucks!" is dubbed to, "Woo that music stinks!"... the dub sounded more like somebody faking a really deep voice.
Not to get too off subject but I remember hearing the S word in the rap song on the Good Burger sound track and in the movie someone told Ed "I'll see you in H**l!" God I miss Kenan & Kel. :smile: