Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 43

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay... I knew Sesame would be repeated this morning at 8 AM. But I didn't really remember until twenty minutes later, so I missed out on Episode 4301's street story and Muppet/Celebrity word of the day sketches.
What I did catch was the following:

Chefs Murray and Ovejita prepare a P with potatoes, pickles, and pineapples.
Hmm, a potato pickle pineapple pie? Oh, they must have bought that at Prickly Pines Bakery, someone must be lovesick.
*Cookies to whoever gets that reference, Drtooth, I'm looking at you.

Abby's Flying Fairy School: Henking Day.
Would like to see family members of the other characters, given they've explored Blögg's trollish heritage with this episode and the visit to Colonial Trolliamsburg.

Ovejita uses a remote control to make Murray bring in a 5 and do five handstands.

Muppets: "Five By".
This just made me smile because it incorporated :batty:'s shtick into the song itself.

Super Grover 2.0: The Big Cheese, repeat, missed out on the ending after they put the wedge of cheese to keep the swinging door open.
Uh, Grover, I thought you knew those doors swing in on you from all the time you've spent working at Charlie's.
Mouse: "You keep a piano in your sock?"

Muppets: The Two-Headed Monster, Got Milk?

Elmo: The Musical, Guacamole: The Musical.
This was another good addition to the series.
New Characters: The Queen of Nacho Picchu, The Rhombus of Recipes, Nose Macdonald.
Indiana Jones spoof with the Temple of Spoons.
Guacamole dance.
Really good, ETM has truly become a smash hit.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I saw that ep this morning too. The street story was great and very funny. I mean no offense to Alan Muroka at all, but his performance of Alan has started to get...hammy since Chris came around (who I'll also admit is a ham). But I loved David Hyde Pierce and I was hoping he wasn't the only club member as it seem he was in the preview video (it wouldn't have made sense to have all those tables for just him).

Neat new AFFS (with NO "Gone again" joke thankfully), the Two-Headed Monster bit was the kind of thing Jerry/Richard would've done. And I don't know what more I can say on ETM, it's great. This particular segment was not AS good as the Pizza one, but it was enjoyable.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Stephanie D'Abruzzo's website says that they're currently filming season 44 and half of season 43. This may explain why we have to wait until Feb. to see the rest of the season. The episodes we're seeing were filmed during season 42 and the ones we'll see in Feb haven't been filmed yet and are getting produced now.
I hope they fix their filming schedules soon. They really need to film all the episodes for the season before the season actually premieres.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I hope they fix their filming schedules soon. They really need to film all the episodes for the season before the season actually premieres.
They have; all of season 44 is currently being filmed (not counting the Word of the Day-related bits).

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
They have; all of season 44 is currently being filmed (not counting the Word of the Day-related bits).
I don't know. I think "Word of the Day" is getting old. What's kind of disappointing about the fact that they still have the Murray block format is that when I saw the video about Eric performing Grover for 'The Moster at the End of this Show" bit, I thought they would have an episode that would end with that segment. Was Eric just adlibbing there or what was the deal with that?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So, what's the title for today's episode?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
There's no new ep. today, it's a repeat of the Hansel and Gretel episode from last week.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh, that's weird. Thought there'd be a new episode today since Season 39 repeats are scheduled to start tomorrow. Oh well, please LMK when a new episode airs.