Questions about anything

Hayley B

Reaction score
Why do new members sign up, but never post anything?
Maybe they're just shy. I remember the first time I joined, it took me awhile to join conversations.
Maybe just shy and trying to learn about everyone or everything before speaking. Some people like to think that they are above others and only decide to only talk to people that they think are worthy enough .

I never do that in a new forum. I normally come right in like a chicken with it's head cut off learning the people, rules, & the way it is on day one.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Yep, I've had to deal with the 'high-and-mighty' types before. Thankfully, there aren't any on this forum.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Yep, I've had to deal with the 'high-and-mighty' types before. Thankfully, there aren't any on this forum.
What's worse is when those types are the mods. I've visited a number of forums where the mods thought they were the greatest thing to happen to the internet

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Do all sitcoms have scene transitions now? It just occured to me, it seems like that started sometime in the 90s with 3rd Rock.

Hayley B

Reaction score
Chats can be annoying too. I went to one that was empty and would try to living it up. I caught this one guy on the chat. But he/she seem annoyed that I was trying to chat with them ( >.< made this face). This person just told me their problems. Basically that they work very hard and don't ever get any sleep.

It was like, sorry for your problems. But, it was like why be on a chat when you don't want to chat?:confused:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's why simply IMing with people you know is more sufficient.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Here's something I never quite understood. When a movie does poorly at the box office in the first weekend, why does the movie company pull out all advertising? Wouldn't it make more sense to make more advertising to get more people to see their movie?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I guess at a certain point they are looking to cut their losses and focus on another picture that looks more promising. Perhaps they're worried it will look like they are sticking behind a dud if they keep pushing a flop.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, isn't that kind of like, if a new television series seemingly doesn't start off with a bang, the network will go ahead and pull it off the air after like just two episodes, without even giving the series a chance to build up an audience and draw people in?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, isn't that kind of like, if a new television series seemingly doesn't start off with a bang, the network will go ahead and pull it off the air after like just two episodes, without even giving the series a chance to build up an audience and draw people in?
Well a TV show might improve its chances with more episodes. The movie isn't likely to change what it is once it's released (that's what test audiences are for I suppose).