The Chipmunks

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Um, I hope they did some aging there.
Unfortunately not... and even creepier is that there were some stories where he got her pregnant.

But that's the problem with a lot of fanfic authors: they go for pure shock factor, and nothing else. Heck, one of the worst fanfics I EVER read (not just Chipmunks, but in general) was this really warped story where everyone was kidnapped: Alvin was kidnapped and sent to work in some kind of top secret military organization, Brittany was kidnapped and sent to some kind of child labor factory in India, Eleanor was kidnapped and became an international prostitute, I don't remember what happened to Simon, Theodore, or Jeanette, but MAN... I needed therapy after I read that the first time, and I'm glad the author didn't ever finish it (that I know of).

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
Ugh! I do like one mixed couple (Alvin and Charlene) but I really hate Alvin and Simon pairings.
When I write AATC fanfics, I age them to 18, in High School, while trying to stay in the 80's universe as much as possible.
But, I don't follow the latest trends, I try to do my own thing(s) while trying to stay in the 80's universe.
I even have an OC (80's universe) With the 80's universe, I can see the use of OC's or Fan characters in them, as long as they aren't the CENTER OF ATTENTION!
But, anyway, I've written some on fanfiction.net As well as Deviantart.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wasn't much into OCs myself (and I know sometimes, fans will create an OC who's basically a munked version of themselves so they can pair it with their favorite character), though I did create a couple who were key characters to a trilogy I wrote, and then one other OC never saw the light of day because I never fleshed out a story for her.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I tell you there are some screwy people on the Web.
Yeah, I mean to tell you what, you would not believe how ridiculous flame wars get within the fandom between canon shippers and mixed shippers... it's gotten so bad, I eventually stopped doing couples art altogether on deviantART, because inevitably, one person from either camp is going to cause a rucus over why these two shouldn't be together. :rolleyes:

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
Well, I try to create OC's to be key characters in my stories as much as I can, If I can write those stories.
In fact, I created an OC that's a human, who's a key character in a series that I'm writing and I think he's OK, could be better...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
one person from either camp is going to cause a rucus over why these two shouldn't be together. :rolleyes:
In general if I don't like, I just don't look. But something like Dave and Brittany is where I would draw the line.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
In general if I don't like, I just don't look. But something like Dave and Brittany is where I would draw the line.
Luckily, that was just a phase... I've noticed the popularity of mixed couples tend to come and go in cycles and phases... right now, Dave and Vinny (The Chipmunks' birth mother) seems to be the popular mixed couple right now. Alvin and Eleanor were the biggest item there for a long time recently.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Alvin and Eleanor were the biggest item there for a long time recently.
Yeah see that's one where I personally don't see it, but there's nothing technically wrong with it so I'll let it go.