Favorite Jim Henson Character

jgidley

Reaction score
Maybe Bill Barretta?
I only say that because of how well he's taken over Jim's rougher-voiced characters like Rowlf, Dr. Teeth and Mahna Mahna, which also makes me wonder how he would do with characters like Waldorf, The Newsman and Guy Smiley:sympathy::big_grin::sleep::news:

jgidley

Reaction score
Steve Whitmire performs Waldorf and The Newsman now.
I know, I was just wondering how Bill Barretta would do with them if he gave them a shot. And Dave Goelz performs Waldorf, Steve Whitmire performs Statler

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I know, I was just wondering how Bill Barretta would do with them if he gave them a shot. And Dave Goelz performs Waldorf, Steve Whitmire performs Statler
Sorry had a blonde moment but you know what I meant. Lol And as for the others no I don't think so his voice is too rough for those characters.

jgidley

Reaction score
Sorry had a blonde moment but you know what I meant. Lol And as for the others no I don't think so his voice is too rough for those characters.
I guess you're right, Eric Jacobson currently does Guy Smiley, and it doesn't really sound a lot like Jim, but it shouldn't because Jim's Guy scared little kids; I think Steve Whitmire could use his Newsman voice for Guy, but it wouldn't be very kid-friendly
(Guy Smiley emote courtesy of CaseytheMuppet)