Questions about anything

charlietheowl

Reaction score
There are more variables with a TV show's success; it could work better with a different time slot, while a movie can't disappear from the theater and come back when competition is less.

Hubert

Reaction score
Why is it that there are no TV guest appearances of Paul Williams on YouTube, yet there are so many of 70s celebrities that made guest appearances less than him?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe he's not as well known as other 70s celebrities?

I don't know... it took me a while when I was younger to figure out who he was... that episode of Dexter's Lab where Dexter took piano lessons from one "Professor Williams" (short, long blonde hair, large glasses, etc) went right over my head for a long time.

Hubert

Reaction score
That is true...he isn't very well known...it's sad really. There isn't a lot of Paul Williams videos available in general...it seems like all the bands who made his songs famous end up with all the credit.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's the way the music industry is. It's whoever actually sings/performs the song who becomes famous for it, not the songwriter who wrote it.

But it's not ALL bad... sure, "I Will Always Love You" is Whitney Houston's signature hit, but it's Dolly Parton who gets all the money for it, because she wrote and owns the song: Colonel Tom Parker wanted Elvis to sing it, but he also wanted 50% ownership and royalty for the song, which Dolly said no to.

Hubert

Reaction score
It is sad, to be honest...after all, without the songwriter, the artists would just be sitting around looking at each other...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah that's how my Dad remembered Paul Williams, that he was more known for being a songwriter for others than as a public figure. Writers are always underestimated and taken for granted.