Romney wants to cut funding for PBS and Sesame Street

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Dinosaurs defined Trickle down in the most honest way possible. If I can remember the quote, it was something like, sometimes rich dinosaurs have so much money it trickles out of their pockets and falls out so other dinosaurs can grab it. Trickle down didn't work 8 years ago, it didn't work now. Last time our economy was really good, the taxes were pretty high, then they were cut a little bit back and we had a surplus. Then Bush came, made us fight 2 wars (one he was basically pushing for when he was debating in 2000, we know which one that was) and didn't fund either, cutting money from the budget to make room, and that's what lead so many states to the verge of bankruptcy. It wasn't just Bush. It was the Hurray for Neocons voting movement that left like minded politicians to unwisely slash budgets so more money can go to corporate interests. And in that time, schools were underfunded, fire houses were shut down (abysmal! Weren't we painting them as heroes back then, only to keep putting them out of work?), Police were underfunded. Now we have some wimpy Dems trying to clean up after them and they can't.

There's so many despicable activities the Tea party NeoCon elects made us suffer through the past 2 years when they stole back the smaller branches of government. My favorite? Refusing to give storm ravaged states disaster relief until the budget was slashed (as long as it's not military! We have STOCK in that!). And this is all because of rich man children like Grover "crybaby" Norquest who doesn't wanna pay his wittle taxes, and the Koch brothers. I didn't vote for them, but they have more say in the government that any voter does.

I agree, both parties are unfortunately owned by corporate interests, but the right has more of them on their side working for them.
I don't think we really have to fear a Romney presidency. I believe this will be the Democrats' "Regan-Era" in that we'll have 8 more years of them in the White House before the tide turns and the Republican party finds their Bill Clinton candidate (minus the scandals, of course) who excites people and looks at things with a fresh perpsective. That's just my prediction based on the high volume of poor candidates in recent years. They need to rebuild their party that their last guy kind of shot to heck.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
OK guys, I have to get going. But it's been real! (Real what? I'll let you guys decide...) :smile: