Holy Crap, I'm Overwhelmed...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I can just picture you being spotted by some famous producer, and then you can go to Hollywood. :stick_out_tongue:I dream to much.
Why does everybody keep saying, "Dude! You're gonna be, like, so famous one day!"? Lol, I HIGHLY doubt that, people like Jim, and the Kroffts, and all those other people already made puppetry famous, I'm just doing my own thing, I'm sure I won't be anything other than obscure, lol. But I certainly don't want to go to Hollywood, I love this town too much, and if at all possible, I'm staying right here.
*double post* Sorry

I was watching the "Frazzle" video and saw this guy:

Steve D' Monster, much?
Yes, Steve was pretty much inspired by that particular AM monster... like how that one writer took a liking to that red monster in the background and he later became Elmo. Long story short, when I was much younger, and I REALLY had my head in the clouds (moreso than now), I really did want to join the Muppets and work on SST, and I thought perhaps this purple monster could be a new character (I recall he would've been friends with Grover). At one point, just to try my hand at puppet building, I started building my own version of the character, just to at least have a puppet to play around with, then I later got appointed to be a substitute puppeteer for our upcoming PBS pledge drive since our usual puppeteer was unavailable, Steve was the only puppet I had, so I used him, the guys at PBS liked him and that's how he was born.

Matter of fact, one of my PBS colleagues (who has contributed quite a bit of input to my work) is pretty much responsible for Steve being such a big ladies' monster: somehow, he saw something potentially funny in Steve trying to flirt with different women, and I guess it paid off, since to this day, Steve's fanbase is more female than male, lol.

I will say this though: Steve is the ONLY puppet character of mine whose design was inspired by another already-existing puppet somewhat (there are a few differences between Steve and the AM Frazzletone), all other characters are completely designed 100% by me. And no, before anybody points it out, Easter Egg was NOT inspired by Jeanette of The Chipettes.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Boy I'll tell you what, one thing I would REALLY like to see happen down the road is being able to actually have a REAL puppet builder on staff. I sure as heck try my best, but my construction skills just aren't all that great. Bethany especially needs to be rebuilt... I don't know where I went wrong, I think I got a little too overconfident (I thought I was doing a great job until she was finished), but she ended up being a rather stiff and cumbersome puppet... though, I think part of the problem was the fur fabric I used, it's really heavy and thick, but it was all I could get.

The Squirrely Squirrels could be rebuilt too: I wasn't entirely happy with my original designs, but I built them anyway, then after all was said and done, I ended up coming up with character designs I liked much better... you can even see the difference for yourselves:

Beakerfan

Reaction score
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *running around the thread tossing confetti and bottles of Grape Nehi*

THIS IS SO AWESOME.

BEST NEWS EVAAAAR!!!

I mean... *ahem*.... Congratulations, dear Radar.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------------
Am liking your sketches. Any builder could go to town, you've put so much nice detail into the drawings!

So what's the negotiation news?

-------------------

MrsPepper

Reaction score
This is awesome news mister! *huggles* I hope you said yes. One step at a time, even if it doesn't lead to anything it would be amazing experience to put on your resume and can help take your story ideas to the next level. Very very proud of you.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
-----------------
Am liking your sketches. Any builder could go to town, you've put so much nice detail into the drawings!
Yes, I am a stickler for detail... just the way I am. :halo:
So what's the negotiation news?

-------------------
They haven't happened yet, but when they do, I will let you all know what goes down.
This is awesome news mister! *huggles* I hope you said yes. One step at a time, even if it doesn't lead to anything it would be amazing experience to put on your resume and can help take your story ideas to the next level. Very very proud of you.
><

I was waiting to tell you personally... :halo: :halo:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I was waiting to tell you personally... :halo: :halo:
Haha, it's okay! Who knew I would rise from the dead and spoil the surprise? :stick_out_tongue: Seriously I am very pumped for you, whatever happens will be a wild ride and an amazing learning experience. *huggles* :fanatic:

Vincent L

Reaction score
I must say I like the drawings more than the actual puppets.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I am NOT a good puppet builder... I confess and admit that, I am NOT a good puppet builder.

But yes, the sketches are of the characters redesigned, while the actual puppets are of the previous designs that I didn't particularly care for, but still didn't know exactly how I wanted the characters to look at the time.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Congrats man. It MAY only be local TV NOW, but a LOT of people started out at the local level only to make it to the big time later on. So congrats on that.

Daniel