BOO! The "What Scared You Today?" Thread

Slackbot

Reaction score
Today the power went off, and a nano later I heard a loud BANG. I thought it was a transformer. Then I heard sirens...

Hubert

Reaction score
Today the power went off, and a nano later I heard a loud BANG. I thought it was a transformer. Then I heard sirens...
Hopefully everything turns out alright for everyone where you live.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Erk. I see my followup didn't post for some reason. It turned out to be "part of a transformer," so the crews said when they showed up. I don't know what the sirens were for, but I saw nothing about anyone getting hurt. Anyway, everyone was walking around outside, asking each other what was going on, and eventually we got our power back.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
That's good it turned out to be nothing (relatively) major. Perhaps the police cars were there to block off traffic or something.

Katzi428

Reaction score
OK..so it's after 4:30 in the morning here. I just woke up from a nightmare that someone told me my mom has cancer.:eek: Naturally I woke up shaking & breathing heavy& almost crying. I had to remind myself that:
a)my mom is home from her trip (she'd been away for about 3 weeks w/her boyfriend)
b) she's as healthy as a horse (she goes to the gym a couple of times a week w/ above mentioned bf)
c) the person in my nightmare was a former neighbor & the last time I saw HER was when her kids were really little(her son is in his early 20s & her daughters are in their late teens)! I only keep in touch with her now is Facebook.
I was going to wake my mother up .But that seems childish.