Questions about anything

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why exactly is Kate Upton famous, again? I mean, I think it was because of some kind of scandal, but I can't remember what it was, or why it made her famous.

And am I the only one who doesn't find her attractive?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why is everything being pre-empted by baseball right now? Not that I care about any sporting event, especially when it pre-empts regular programming, but I thought this was football season, not baseball season?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
It's the baseball postseason, so whatever games are being played tend to get high profile time-slots on TBS, TNT, or FOX.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Would anyone here say that a learning difficulty is the same as a disability?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't know for sure, but what I am aware of is the idea of classifying any kind of learning difficulties being classified as actual disabilities has drawn controversy.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Would anyone here say that a learning difficulty is the same as a disability?
Basically, without much more information, it would have to severely inhibit learning and it would affect multiple subject areas, as many areas require the same skills that are affected by a learning disability. Just because you have a hard time learning math or something, does not mean you have a disability.

When it comes to learning disabilities, there aren't really "specific" learning disabilities. It all really comes down to what skills are affected and how severely it affects the students. Without knowing background information and grade trends of the student, you cannot judge if a student has a learning disability.

In fact, students need to go through something called the "pre-referral process" to determine if it is really a disability, or simply someone who just needs more practice, or if there is something more going on in the household. Its a monitoring/intervention method to prevent students from being put in special ed when they really shouldn't be.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
I brought this up because I had to fill in a servery in college today. I was stuck on the last two questions, "Do you have a learning difficulty?" and "Do you have a disability?", because autism is sometimes classed as both. In the end, I just said yes to Learning Difficulty and no to Disability, but it got me thinking about what others thought...