Frank Oz: "New Muppets Too Cute"

dwmckim

Reaction score
Okay, I was kidding. Sorry! :sigh: Anyway, I loved the new Muppet movie too. Like I said, I am an extreme Muppet fan and my mom... heh... dshe is a plain Mupppet fan. Duhh!
A "plain Muppet fan", eh?

I'm a Pepperoni Muppet fan myself with extra cheese.

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
I just watched the movie earlier this week, and I completely agree with you. Don't get me wrong, it was a good movie, but it was very emotionally manipulative, almost too cutesie in some ways.
I thought I was the only one! :coy: What it was to me is a nice tribute, but the tribute part about it was clubbed across the audience's heads time and time again. It was sweet, well-produced, and fun, but "Pictures in My Head," the entire character of Walter, and the plot being rallied around the aim to bring back all the Muppet love, etc.--no matter HOW much I liked or didn't like each thing individually--was a little much.

This is only my two or three cents though, of course :smile:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I can agree with that. I did love this movie, but it's still not my top favorite Muppet production. There were some things that were just a little overdone, IMO.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Okay first of all Frank wasn't complaining someone asked him the question and he gave an answer. He's only mentioned the muppets when it's been presented to him. And I don't think he wants to be involved with the muppets anymore. Plus if he has that many issues with Disney I doubt he's gonna wanna devote his time anytime soon. So he really doesn't have the POWER anymore.

He's said before that as long as people like them and if new people love them then he's happy about that regardless of his own personal opinions.
as far as I know he still has some involvements with Sesame Street!

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's better then what they were putting out. XP
Quoted for TRUTH.

Emotionally manipulative is still better than completely lobotomized. I mean, I like the newer Muppet movies, but they had a LOT more missing than this film did. If they didn't make this film, they'd've made another film just like the last crop where something's there and too much is missing at best. We'd probably have to feign excitement through another classic retelling or theme movie, we'd say, "eh, it's okay, I suppose" and then hate it 3 years later.

Also, why is this still an issue?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
It's better then what they were putting out. XP
Well, yeah, there's no argument there. Please, don't take me saying that it "wasn't one of my favorites" as me actually hating it. I certainly don't hate it. Heck yeah, it's way better than what was put out in the past. Still, it had its flaws. Not to say that everything the Muppets have ever done is perfect. I don't think it's possible for anything to be exactly 'perfect', at least in the sense that not everybody is going to agree on everything.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Don't really think it's an issue just people are still wanting to comment. I ask myself that question a LOT of times "Why are things still an issue?" butttttttt that's another story. :stick_out_tongue:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Well, yeah, there's no argument there. Please, don't take me saying that it "wasn't one of my favorites" as me actually hating it. I certainly don't hate it. Heck yeah, it's way better than what was put out in the past. Still, it had its flaws. Not to say that everything the Muppets have ever done is perfect. I don't think it's possible for anything to be exactly 'perfect', at least in the sense that not everybody is going to agree on everything.
And I'm quoting this because I agree! :smile: