Eric Jacobson as Cookie Monster

jgidley

Reaction score
Does anyone have clips of Eric Jacobson's Cookie Monster?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
People... for the millionth time... Eric Jacobson doesn't perform Cookie Monster, and never has. David Rudman performs Cookie Monster, Sesame Workshop chose to do this so both Grover and Cookie could be in scenes together without having to go to the extra trouble of dubbing one of the voices later.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
It does bring a bit of curiosity because Eric seemed to master all of Frank's characters.

jgidley

Reaction score
It does bring a bit of curiosity because Eric seemed to master all of Frank's characters.
The pitch would seem a little screwy, though, because Eric seems to have a higher pitch to Frank's voices.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
The pitch would seem a little screwy, though, because Eric seems to have a higher pitch to Frank's voices.
Right, but ironicly it seems like that to anyone who takes over a character. But yeah Eric's voices for Frank's characters seemed more raspy but when Frank does his character's they seem more relaxed and natual. But still it's amazing for someone that can do all Frank's voices very closely. As for Matt Vogel taking over Jerry's character's, his Robin is amazingly close but I wish I could say the same for the other characters. Floyd is simular but the voice seems more high pitched then Jerry's and Uncle Deadly in my opinion could sound more like Vincent Price and have the voice not so deep. Because wasn't Uncle Deadly a parody of Vincent Price to begain with? I know that Count Von Count is a parody of the original Universal Dracula's voice.

mupcollector1

Reaction score

jgidley

Reaction score
Right, but ironicly it seems like that to anyone who takes over a character. But yeah Eric's voices for Frank's characters seemed more raspy but when Frank does his character's they seem more relaxed and natual. But still it's amazing for someone that can do all Frank's voices very closely. As for Matt Vogel taking over Jerry's character's, his Robin is amazingly close but I wish I could say the same for the other characters. Floyd is simular but the voice seems more high pitched then Jerry's and Uncle Deadly in my opinion could sound more like Vincent Price and have the voice not so deep. Because wasn't Uncle Deadly a parody of Vincent Price to begain with? I know that Count Von Count is a parody of the original Universal Dracula's voice.
Jerry's Uncle Deadly does sound a lot like Vincent Price now that I think about it. In my opinion, Matt's Robin sounds a lot like his Big Bird, and sounds sort of like Jerry. My reasoning is that Jerry didn't do a great job at hiding his voice, with the exception of characters like Lew Zealand, Crazy Harry, and the Count. But if you look at(or in this case, hear) characters like Floyd, Robin, or Gobo, you can definitely tell that it's Jerry.

(which also makes me wonder, if Matt does Gobo for the new movie, will it sound like Robin? Because Gobo and Robin sound a lot alike in my opinion)

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Jerry's Uncle Deadly does sound a lot like Vincent Price now that I think about it. In my opinion, Matt's Robin sounds a lot like his Big Bird, and sounds sort of like Jerry. My reasoning is that Jerry didn't do a great job at hiding his voice, with the exception of characters like Lew Zealand, Crazy Harry, and the Count. But if you look at(or in this case, hear) characters like Floyd, Robin, or Gobo, you can definitely tell that it's Jerry.

(which also makes me wonder, if Matt does Gobo for the new movie, will it sound like Robin? Because Gobo and Robin sound a lot alike in my opinion)
Yeah like there's artists who can do so many voices and some you can just tell apart like some of the Muppet performers like Jerry, Jim and Frank. But Dave's voices are so far apart. Like how Gonzo, Bo, Zoot and Didget sound totally seperated that you can even tell. Even George the Janitor and Sam the Eagle don't sound like Fozzie or Bert, or Grover and Yoda. I think it's just natural. Even outside The Muppets, like South Park Trey Parker's voices are very simular and Matt Stone can do a little more. Same with Cheech can do more voices then Chong in the albums and soforth.

jgidley

Reaction score
Yeah like there's artists who can do so many voices and some you can just tell apart like some of the Muppet performers like Jerry, Jim and Frank. But Dave's voices are so far apart. Like how Gonzo, Bo, Zoot and Didget sound totally seperated that you can even tell. Even George the Janitor and Sam the Eagle don't sound like Fozzie or Bert, or Grover and Yoda. I think it's just natural. Even outside The Muppets, like South Park Trey Parker's voices are very simular and Matt Stone can do a little more. Same with Cheech can do more voices then Chong in the albums and soforth.
Yeah, Dave Goelz did a really good job at hiding his voice. I can't think of one character that I didn't recognize was voiced by Jim Henson immediately.