Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 43

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I liked today's street story. Seeing Grover break dance in hip-hop attire made me laugh. I loved Leela's song. Nitya is not only attractive, she can also sing. The only thing I didn't like was Horatio. The Word of the Day was okay. The new Murray tune-ins were fun. The new ETM was great. I can tell Stephanie D'Abruzzo did the speaking voice for the chicken and Audra McDonald did the singing. Who did the upside-down clown? It sounded like Steve, but I doubt it's him.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You can tell this is from a couple seasons back because of Horatio. Seems like they finally put that character to rest when Murray came on the scene. Still, you wonder why this episode was held back for 2 seasons. I guess it was because they felt they needed to make that Food for thought PSa a full episode. There were some great gags in the street story. Telly always worrying about something and making it worse on every occasion because of it. Grover was great to see. And I'm glad later on in the episode they had an Ernie and Bert sketch. I don't see why they don't use non-widescreen segments more often. it would cut down on same season reruns.

Anyone else get a Wubzy-ish vibe from the Loud/Soft cartoon? I mean, at least the Wubzy-esque trees and mountains. That was a very cute little insert, anyway.

The Circus Elmo one was pretty good too. Not as funny as the Wedding one, but the Clown getting accepted to Law School was a riot. Was the "Keep on Cluckin'" song supposed to be a parody of "Keep on Truckin'?" I only heard like 2 seconds of that once during a best of something or other CD commercial, and it sounded similar. I really liked the design of the AM's used in this segment. Especially the high wire walker and her beehive hair.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
You can tell this is from a couple seasons back because of Horatio. Seems like they finally put that character to rest when Murray came on the scene. Still, you wonder why this episode was held back for 2 seasons. I guess it was because they felt they needed to make that Food for thought PSa a full episode. There were some great gags in the street story. Telly always worrying about something and making it worse on every occasion because of it. Grover was great to see. And I'm glad later on in the episode they had an Ernie and Bert sketch. I don't see why they don't use non-widescreen segments more often. it would cut down on same season reruns.
I hadn't thought of the fact that Horatio was sort of semi-retired, but I do recall seeing a synopsis for "Don't wake the baby" a few seasons back. I do like the ones with worrywart Telly. I know that was more common in 80s eps, so I'm glad they're still doing that every once in a while. I missed most of the E&B sketch. I can tell it was a repeat though because I caught the ending. Now if only they'd bring back the segments with Jim's Ernie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now if only they'd bring back the segments with Jim's Ernie.
I don't see them using anything earlier than the mid-90's. It's not like they don't exist online, I don't see why they can't, but I just don't see them doing that.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Ah, that's a pretty good one, for a modern bit.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Oscarfan, have you gotten the most recent episode yet?
No. If your concern is a guide, chillax, man. They don't need to get done the second the episode airs. They'll get done when they get done; I DO have a life you know. And so does Philip; I'm sure transferring the HD file from his TV to the computer and then to my Dropbox is time consuming. I'm not in any rush; you shouldn't be either, especially since it doesn't really concern you.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have no life, but I also have no equipment. Otherwise I'd give some assistance.