Another Stupid movie to Overreact to...

Drtooth

Reaction score
He makes points, but there's a thousand and one BETTER projects that get that point across. I shouldn't even need to list examples on this site, we all know them. Even violent super hero/action adventure shows have some good moral values in them (don't give up, always take the moral high ground, stand up for your friends...etc). Need I even mention a cartoon of a certain...uh... equestrian nature? I've even heard some great messages in South Park of all places.

Yeah, we live in a crapsack world and kids deal with way too much of it that turns them into bitter fear crazed adults that are the route of our problems... but I think we can do a little better than off brand local amusement park mascots. :excited: I give the writer credit for taking a moral high ground, though.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Oh, you know that My Bedbugs show someone mentioned several pages back? Well, I recently discovered that The Oogieloves is just that with the serial numbers filed off.

It turns out the creators (who are a husband and wife) conceived it as a way to teach their kids about hygiene and the importance of sleep. However, as the recession hit, they were forced to sell off the rights to save their production company, and he-who-shall-not-be-named proceeded to destroy their beloved creations.

So yeah, that's another reason to hate this "marketing genius". :grouchy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
WOW! Where did you get that info? I'd love to read all the details!

Slackbot

Reaction score
I heard about "My Bedbugs" too, but I couldn't find more than the barest bones of info. Soon as I'm not on dialup I'll check out that video.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Oh wow! I didn't realize that it was "visionary" to be a vulture.

Drtooth

Reaction score
From this Tumblr post.

http://wizardofbits.tumblr.com/post...a-special-place-in-****-for-slimy-pricks-like

There were a few other posts about this by the same guy, too.
I'm a victim of the Hokuto Shinken... My mind is BLOWN!

(if you knew Fist of the North Star, you'd get that reference).

That is pretty underhanded, but nothing too different from what Hollywood usually does. I just feel bad for the two actual creators even if it sucked anyway. I mean, they had a much more heartfelt reason to foist this upon the world.

Still... FTB can always get more rentals and DVD sales.