Another Stupid movie to Overreact to...

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
Still, the fact they encourage kids to act up in the theaters? Brilliant. They're not going to take that to any other movie ever.
Exactly...

I can certainly get behind interaction in what they watch at home, but getting them to do that in the cinema is a horrible idea.

Especially since this is probably the first cinematic experience for those kids in the audience, it gives them the wrong impression on how to handle themselves in that environment. They're not old enough to determine that they're supposed to be noisy and one movie but not at another.

beaker

Reaction score
I support the Oogiloves movies and concept just to see Dr Tooth go bananas:smile:
I kid. Seriously I wouldn't let my kids watch this garbage. Theres a LOT of garbage on this level too(Doodlebops, Wiggles, Teletubbies, etc) This is the sort of Satanic programming we were warned about in the 80's, lulz:big_grin:

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
I support the Oogiloves movies and concept just to see Dr Tooth go bananas:smile:
I kid. Seriously I wouldn't let my kids watch this garbage. Theres a LOT of garbage on this level too(Doodlebops, Wiggles, Teletubbies, etc) This is the sort of Satanic programming we were warned about in the 80's, lulz:big_grin:
Mate... did you just compare THIS...

...to THIS?!?

Drtooth

Reaction score
There is one huge difference. That movie would have really been interactive instead of false interactivity like Oogieloves.

The movie concept centered on a mechanism for changing the course of the film’s plot in response to the reaction of the audience. In 1980, this would have required multiple projectors and an agile projectionist, but later, the ability of an audience member to impact the direction of a storyline became standard in digital games and entertainment.
There is NO way that would have worked. I dunno how Clue worked before Home video, but a choose your own adventure movie seems completely impossible when it comes to logistics. It's probably not even feasible now with digital. What Jim wanted vs. what this movie did was that the yelling and shouting was supposed to do something to the movie. What this film did was just have people yell at characters that don't do anything and have a preprogrammed response, so if nothing happens, they sit around answering their own questions. Just like most of kid's television today.

D'Snowth

Reaction score

Drtooth

Reaction score
In a sense, that's more akin to a vlog than what we call reality TV. Maybe closer to the travel shows on PBS if anything.

Because, as we know, reality TV is actually staged or goaded events edited down and manipulated, and half the stuff we consider reality is actual competition/game shows.