Video: The Muppet Christmas Carol Blu-ray Extras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
You can't really compare the roles of the humans in The Muppets and the roles of the humans in The Muppet Christmas Carol. The latter is Scrooge's movie more or less. The Muppets does have lots of Gary and Mary but they're basically abandoned aside from a scene every 10-15 minutes by the time the Muppets' plot really gets going.
It is Scrooges movie however at the same time it was also a MUPPETS movie. For that they should've been at the forefront. Now I think Michael Cain is a brilliant actor and I enjoy his work immensely but I watched this for Muppets. Otherwise like I stated I should've just watched a version of The Christmas Carol without them.

Now I didn't entirely hate this film cause oddly enough I did enjoy the music but I didn't entirely love it either. It was just okay for me. Like I said I really had no intention of buying it but my husband really likes it *go figure* so that's why we'll be purchasing it. I haven't watched MCC in quite a while but I doubt my feelings would change much on it considering I have tried to watch it many many times in the past and just didn't fully connect with it.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
It is Scrooges movie however at the same time it was also a MUPPETS movie. For that they should've been at the forefront. Now I think Michael Cain is a brilliant actor and I enjoy his work immensely but I watched this for Muppets. Otherwise like I stated I should've just watched a version of The Christmas Carol without them.
OK, that I can understand. That is a problem I have with the movie, that aside from Gonzo and Rizzo, none of the main Muppets get very much to do. Every other Muppet character is just a resurrected Fraggle Rock puppet and yeah, that does take away a lot from it but for me it gets by more as a great version of A Christmas Carol than anything else.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Last I checked, a lot of us don't even like the sequence anyway, so why are we getting so mad about it being cut?
Because some people or a lot of people rather DID feel it added something to the film. Since it was a deleted scene to begin with it would be nice if it was included on the blu-ray as a bonus for fans who feel that strongly about it that way you sort of please everyone. Like someone said watching it now all it screams is 90's song! LOL Plus I think by taking it out it helped the movie not be so repetitive by having too many sappy songs.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
The only movie where Robin actually played a big part.
And also the movie where many people actually thought he was Kermit and Piggy's son. Actually I'm pretty sure there's still a debate like that somewhere on YouTube. :stick_out_tongue:

Vincent L

Reaction score
There should be something at the end of the film that reads NOTICE: Robin is actually Kermit's nephew, Kermit and Miss Piggy aren't married, Peter and the twin pigs are just whatnots, and they do not live in ancient times.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I know I've said this before, but I'll say it again, in the UK this is almost everyone's "go to" Muppet film. Non-fans will certainly have seen it, and most of them watch it every year at Christmas. Despite (or because of?) the fact that its such a true adaption and has a main focus on Scrooge it HAS kept the idea of the Muppets alive every Christmas for many non-Muppet fans in the UK who wouldn't see them at all otherwise.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
I LOVE The Muppet Christmas Carol, I really, REALLY do. For me, it was the first clear indication that the Muppets would live on after the devastating loss of Jim Henson and Richard Hunt. It has flaws, virtually every film has (except Ghostbusters - FACT!), but it's insanely entertaining, incredibly memorable and wonderfully festive - everything the CGI Disney's Christmas Carol was not...unfortunately!

Also, for all UK blu ray owners, the disk is region free, so go grab yourselves a copy. It's already shipping from Movietyme, weeks before it's US release!!

Status
Not open for further replies.