10. Non Sequitur
9. Mother Goose and Grimm
8. Zits
7. Foxtrot
6. Garfield (until about 1996)
5. Peanuts
4. The Far Side
3. Calvin and Hobbes
2. For Better or For Worse (until Farley's death)
1. Bloom County

Strips one through six are ones I've liked enough currently or in the past to actually purchase collections, with seven through ten I'll glance at in the paper or something.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Strips one through six are ones I've liked enough currently or in the past to actually purchase collections, with seven through ten I'll glance at in the paper or something.
I'll say that the majority of my choices was based on how often I read the strips (especially for anything that wasn't my choice for #3-1). I read the comics section of the newspaper quite regularly (almost every day) from 1995 until about 2003, currently I tend to only read comic strips if there's a newspaper on the table that's turned to the comics pages (if I happen to see the sunday comics laying around I'll usually look through the whole paper).

But I do have a number of comic strip reprint collections. Plenty of Garfield, Peanuts, and Calvin and Hobbes, and at least one each of a number of other comics (including one Cathy, which I didn't put on the list). In fact the only Bloom County I've read is in a book I have of the comic (I've occasionally read the current Opus comics but none of them have stuck out in my mind). Also, I've only read U.S. Acres comics online in a multi-part series of articles on the strip (which I saw a uear or two ago), but I like the majority of what I read there (and of course I grew up with the more-famous animated segments from Garfield and Friends).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Alright, I'll bite.

My top ten personal favorite Steve D'Monster YouTube videos:
10. "Scar Music Video: Gee, I'm Glad it's Raining"
9. "Haven't I Seen Me Somewhere Before?"
8. "Dear Steve - MarshalGrover"
7. "Dear Steve - antsamthompson9"
6. "'Snow' is a Four-Lettered Word"
5. "Baffling Discovery"
4. "Year in Review"
3. "Whatever Happened to Steve D'Monster?"
2. "Jingle Jangle All the Way"
1. "Twas the Night"

My top ten favorite comic strips (in order of appearance in our paper):
1. Zits
2. Fox Trot
3. Mutts
4. Peanuts
5. Garfield
6. Get Fuzzy
7. Family Circus
8. Baldo
9. Rose is Rose
10. Stone Soup
11. Mother Goose and Grimm
12. Beetle Bailey
13. Baby Blues
14. Pickles
15. Snuffy Smith

Top four comics my paper no longer runs that I wish would come back:
1. Sherman's Lagoon
2. Spy Vs. Spy
3. Mr. Potato Head
4. Jump Start

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Top ten TV shows that were canceled too soon:
10. Baby Bob
9. That '80s Show
8. George and Leo
7. Mad Love
6. Bob
5. Police Squad
4. Get a Life
3. Greg the Bunny
2. Muppets Tonight
1. The Jim Henson Hour

Top ten greatest movies based on anything (not counting good sequels):
10. The Fantastic Four
9. Batman
8. The Beverly Hillbillies
7. The Addams Family
6. The Brady Bunch Movie
5. Dennis the Menace
4. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
3. Spider-Man
2. The Little Rascals
1. The Flintstones

Top ten worst movies based on anything (not counting bad sequels to good movies):
10. Super Mario Bros.
9. Underdog
8. The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle
7. The Honeymooners
6. Mr. Magoo
5. My Favorite Martian
4. Dudley Do-Right
3. The Cat in the Hat
2. Inspector Gadget
1. The Hulk

(huh, most of these I've only seen a few times)

Top Ten Best WB Shorts directed by Chuck Jones:
10. The Rabbit of Seville
9. Beep Prepared
8. Now Hear This
7. Compressed Hare
6. Duck Dogers and the 24th and a Half Century
5. Rabbit Fire (actually I should include the entire "hunters trilogy" equally, but I like this one the best)
4. Really Scent
3. Fast and Furry-Ous
2. One Froggy Evening
1. Duck Amuck

Top ten WB cartoons directed by Bob Clampett:
10. Bacall to Arms
9. Porky's Badtime Story
8. Baby Bottleneck
7. Porky's Pooch
6. Russian Rhapsody
5. Eatin' on the Cuff or The Moth Who Came to Dinner
4. A Tale of Two Kitties
3. Porky in Wackyland
2. The Daffy Doc
1. Tortoise Wins by a Hare
Of the Chuck Jones shorts, how could you leave out "What's Opera Doc"? Gotta be tied with Duck Amuck for #1.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Of the Chuck Jones shorts, how could you leave out "What's Opera Doc"? Gotta be tied with Duck Amuck for #1.
Well, I don't really care for "What's Opera, Doc?" too much, aside from the "kill the wabbit" song (though in recent years I've come to appreciate the animation better). I was never too fond of the short when I was a kid, and since growing up I feel it's overrated (I know, "and Duck Amuck, Duck Dogers, One Froggy Evening, and the hunting trilogy aren't?"). Having said that, I am quite shocked that it wasn't even nominated for an Oscar (I feel it is better than the Oscar-winning Knighty Knight Bugs and Tweetie Pie).

charlietheowl

Reaction score
But I do have a number of comic strip reprint collections. Plenty of Garfield, Peanuts, and Calvin and Hobbes, and at least one each of a number of other comics (including one Cathy, which I didn't put on the list). In fact the only Bloom County I've read is in a book I have of the comic (I've occasionally read the current Opus comics but none of them have stuck out in my mind). .
I only really heard of Bloom County when a friend of mine gave me one of the original eighties collections to read last year, and I became hooked. Since then I've obtained the first three of the American Comics reissue series, which have Berkeley's comments and footnotes throughout the collection. They're really nice reissues, and I'm hoping to get the last two volumes soon.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I only really heard of Bloom County when a friend of mine gave me one of the original eighties collections to read last year, and I became hooked. Since then I've obtained the first three of the American Comics reissue series, which have Berkeley's comments and footnotes throughout the collection. They're really nice reissues, and I'm hoping to get the last two volumes soon.
For a long time I thought the comic strip was called "Opus n Bill". I guess part of that has to do with the "A Wish for Wings That Work" special starring them (I think they were billed that way).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
For a long time I thought the comic strip was called "Opus n Bill". I guess part of that has to do with the "A Wish for Wings That Work" special starring them (I think they were billed that way).
My papers list it as Opus.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
My papers list it as Opus.
The character was recently revived for a new comic strip series simply titled Opus, but he'd originated in a comic strip called Bloom County. I think the newer Opus strips feature other characters from the Bloom County strip, which ended a long time ago (I want to say 1994, but I'm not sure).

In an effort to bring this thread back to topic here's my picks for the top ten songs from either the Beatles or solo ex-Beatles:
10. In My Life
9. Wonderful Christmastime
8. Come Together
7. Band on the Run
6. Strawberry Fields Forever
5. She Loves You
4. When We Were Fab
3. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
2. Yesterday
1. Silly Love Songs