Pre-Order Sesame Street Old School Volume 3 (1979-1984) coming to DVD 11/6

Status
Not open for further replies.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Wow! Just 2 more weeks until Old School Volume 3 comes out! Like everyone else on here, I can't wait! Although, I decided that this year, I'm actually going to request it for Christmas and not watch it until then (unlike with the first two volumes that I watched the minute I got home after buying them). If I (or we, whatever the case is) could wait 5 years for this long awaited DVD, then I can wait another 1 month and 19 days. (It's going to be hard, for sure, but hopefully I'll have enough will power, and it will be worth the wait).

Otherwise, I'm really loving the photos from the DVD box that were posted on here and on Muppet Wiki (especially that fold-out from the booklet!). It looks like this DVD will be great, and of course (as I mentioned above), worth waiting for.

I'm just holding my breath for what the Classic Cuts will be. If we get I Don't Want to Live on the Moon uncut on DVD, I can die happy.
Yes, I too am hoping that SW will reveal the Classic Cuts, sometime within these 2 weeks, and I agree; "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon" absolutely deserves to be included (uncut, like you just said).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder when an official trailer will come out online. Interestingly, I recently watched the trailers for the last few Sesame Street releases, and noticed that the upload date on both trailers was a day before the DVDs came out. I could have sworn those trailers were online longer before the releases.

I recall that the Barnes and Noble site had full content listings for Old School Volume 2 and 40 Years of Sunny Days a week before those were released, and a full content listing for Best of Sesame Street Spoofs! a few days before its release. Hopefully we'll get a full content rundown next week (though I did recently check the Barnes and Noble page for the Making Friends DVD to see what the chapter stops are called, to see if it listed what sketches are included, and it actually didn't).

zns

Reaction score
I hope there is a review of this here on Muppet Central. I can't wait.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
DVDTalk posted a review:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/58047/sesame-street-old-school-volume-3/

It doesn't mention Sonia's commentary, but I'm sure that's a fluke on his part. But it's a shame there doesn't seem to be as many bonus clips as previous releases. But whatever "Trash Outta Heaven" is, I wanna know.
It's a shame we never see many never-before-seen clips the Sesame Workshop archive has. Maybe, they want to protect them for future releases or something or keep them private.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Hopefully there'll be more clips than just what was listed there. The review lists them as "highlights", which suggests it's not all of them.

So there's only four behind-the-scenes clips included? Still, good to know that three of them are behind-the-scenes footage not on the 40th anniversary DVD (assuming the birdwatchers one is the same that was on the DVD... Who's to say they didn't shoot more behind-the-scenes footage of that episode?). And of the four behind-the-scenes demosntrations, there's two mentioned that are not mentioned as bonus clips in the article. Here's hoping the regular (non-behind-the-scenes) versions of those clips are included. Especially "Dr. Nobel Price: Umbrella". I've never heard of that one. I wonder if it's a newsflash segment or something else. Good to know that Dr. Nobel Price will be in this release. The back cover shows R2D2, who isn't in any of the episodes (unless he's in a scene that Noggin cut, or unless an appearance is included as a replacement for something that had to be cut). It'd be real disapointing to include the character on the back packaging without that character being in the actual DVD.

I can't wait to know what "Trash Outta Heaven" is. I must asusme it's something with Oscar, and I hope Bruno appears as well. It would also be great if it has Brian Meehl's Grundgetta. The title would lend itself well to a rock song.

It's interesting how one of the bonus clips is just listed as "Cookie Monster and Kermit". Can't wait to learn WHICH Cookie Monster and Kermit segment it is. Galloshes poem? Little Red Riding Hood? Kermit's cookbook? First day of school? A Cookie and Kermit segment I am unaware of (how many other segments with the two were made in 1979-1984? I know there's Google Bugle but while both are in it I don't consider that a "Cookie Monster and Kermit" segment)? The Barnes and Noble website usually lists running time for chapter stops and bonus features, if the site provides a full list of segments and running time I'll have to see how long the segment lasts and then seek out Kermit and Cookie Monster clips on youtube and check the running time to see what matches.

It seems the "Goodbye, Mr. Hooper" clip is actually the full street story, since the review says it's 11 minutes long. I wish videos on sesamestreet.org still showed their running times in the videos so I could check and see how long the street stories on the website lasts (yeah, I could watch and time my viewing experience myself). I assume it'll include Big Bird and Gordon's "just because" conversation and Big Bird guessing what the adults are talking about, but I wonder if it'll have the opening scene with Forgetful Jones.

I find it strange that the audio commentary isn't mentioned in the review, but I assume it is still on the DVD, since it's listed on the back of the packaging.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Hopefully there'll be more clips than just what was listed there. The review lists them as "highlights", which suggests it's not all of them.

So there's only four behind-the-scenes clips included? Still, good to know that three of them are behind-the-scenes footage not on the 40th anniversary DVD (assuming the birdwatchers one is the same that was on the DVD... Who's to say they didn't shoot more behind-the-scenes footage of that episode?). And of the four behind-the-scenes demosntrations, there's two mentioned that are not mentioned as bonus clips in the article. Here's hoping the regular (non-behind-the-scenes) versions of those clips are included. Especially "Dr. Nobel Price: Umbrella". I've never heard of that one. I wonder if it's a newsflash segment or something else. Good to know that Dr. Nobel Price will be in this release. The back cover shows R2D2, who isn't in any of the episodes (unless he's in a scene that Noggin cut, or unless an appearance is included as a replacement for something that had to be cut). It'd be real disapointing to include the character on the back packaging without that character being in the actual DVD.

I can't wait to know what "Trash Outta Heaven" is. I must asusme it's something with Oscar, and I hope Bruno appears as well. It would also be great if it has Brian Meehl's Grundgetta. The title would lend itself well to a rock song.

It's interesting how one of the bonus clips is just listed as "Cookie Monster and Kermit". Can't wait to learn WHICH Cookie Monster and Kermit segment it is. Galloshes poem? Little Red Riding Hood? Kermit's cookbook? First day of school? A Cookie and Kermit segment I am unaware of (how many other segments with the two were made in 1979-1984? I know there's Google Bugle but while both are in it I don't consider that a "Cookie Monster and Kermit" segment)? The Barnes and Noble website usually lists running time for chapter stops and bonus features, if the site provides a full list of segments and running time I'll have to see how long the segment lasts and then seek out Kermit and Cookie Monster clips on youtube and check the running time to see what matches.

It seems the "Goodbye, Mr. Hooper" clip is actually the full street story, since the review says it's 11 minutes long. I wish videos on sesamestreet.org still showed their running times in the videos so I could check and see how long the street stories on the website lasts (yeah, I could watch and time my viewing experience myself). I assume it'll include Big Bird and Gordon's "just because" conversation and Big Bird guessing what the adults are talking about, but I wonder if it'll have the opening scene with Forgetful Jones.

I find it strange that the audio commentary isn't mentioned in the review, but I assume it is still on the DVD, since it's listed on the back of the packaging.
He mentions that the clips run just under an hour; the clips I could identify from his review add up to around 20 minutes, so there's clearly a half-hour left or so. The image he has of the behind-the-scenes menu has a "More" button, which means there could be more than just hose four excerpts.

I assume "Cookie Monster and Kermit" is the mystery box segment; it's a classic I can definitely see them including.

And I added the times of the street scenes for 1839 on YT and I'm sure the Forgetful Jones scene won't be included.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
He mentions that the clips run just under an hour; the clips I could identify from his review add up to around 20 minutes, so there's clearly a half-hour left or so.
I wonder if that would include the "Goodbye, Mr. Hooper" storyline, though the review and packaging seem to refer to it seperate from the "extra clips".

Oscarfan said:
The image he has of the behind-the-scenes menu has a "More" button, which means there could be more than just hose four excerpts.
I thought the review text specifically referred to those as the only behind-the-scenes clips. Maybe the "more" refers to other bonus features

Oscarfan said:
I assume "Cookie Monster and Kermit" is the mystery box segment; it's a classic I can definitely see them including.
I thought that was from season 18 or 19 (saw it confirmed as such on Hulu, though there have been cases where I know Hulu is wrong about the season).

Status
Not open for further replies.