That Guy with the Glasses' "Demo Reel" trailer

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Well, the first two episodes are now online.

I'm watching the first episode right now and while I'm not too far in I think our fears are being realized: this really is mostly about the parodies and not the characters. Doug is taking a The Office approach with this show that I'm really not liking. I'll give it a few more episodes and give myself the chance to finish this one but I can tell already that it's going to take a lot for Doug to make something like this to make me comeback every week.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
Well, the first two episodes are now online.

I'm watching the first episode right now and while I'm not too far in I think our fears are being realized: this really is mostly about the parodies and not the characters. Doug is taking a The Office approach with this show that I'm really not liking. I'll give it a few more episodes and give myself the chance to finish this one but I can tell already that it's going to take a lot for Doug to make something like this to make me comeback every week.
Yeah, I imagined so.

I'm not too sure if I even care to watch this. We'll see...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So... he's really NOT moving on after all? I mean, I thought he going to branch out and expand, as opposed to simply creating more internet-exclusive material... guess I misunderstood what was going on.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
So... he's really NOT moving on after all? I mean, I thought he going to branch out and expand, as opposed to simply creating more internet-exclusive material... guess I misunderstood what was going on.
He is moving on, just not to something worthwhile (yet). There are a couple Nostalgia Critic-related Easter eggs throughout (Casper makes a cameo, "Randy Newman" sings the theme song) but the humor overall in the parodies is hit or miss.

Princeton

Reaction score
Here's something else about the NC discontinuation that I don't like: Doug said that he ended the character in part because he knew he would never remember to take his wedding band off when doing videos. Let me tell you a story: I had a director one time who got hit in his ring finger by a softball and bent the ring into his finger so that he can logistically not remove it. So, when he's doing a show where his character isn't married, he puts a Band-Aid over his ring.

Doug, if your ring is keeping you from playing the NC, I will mail you a lifetime supply of Band-Aids!!!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
"Demo Reel" seems alright. If the entire shtick of it is just pointing out the plot holes of the movies, then it may get old.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's something else about the NC discontinuation that I don't like: Doug said that he ended the character in part because he knew he would never remember to take his wedding band off when doing videos. Let me tell you a story: I had a director one time who got hit in his ring finger by a softball and bent the ring into his finger so that he can logistically not remove it. So, when he's doing a show where his character isn't married, he puts a Band-Aid over his ring.

Doug, if your ring is keeping you from playing the NC, I will mail you a lifetime supply of Band-Aids!!!
You know, I've heard all kinds of different stories regarding actors and their wedding rings and stuff, but... ending Nostalgia Critic because he can't remember to take his wedding ring off? That's... hmm... I mean, I've heard of people who just outright refuse to take their wedding rings off, like Larry Hovis in the case of Hogan's Heroes, so his character wore gloves all the time, but this seems like a lame excuse to end something because you think you won't remember something like that.

Y'know, it's funny, but when I first learned Doug was married, I was genuinely shocked, because I have to be honest... up till then, I honestly thought he was gay...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
He doesn't really announce anything in his life. Not that he has to, but I didn't even know he had a girlfriend let alone was getting married. And now he's moved into a new house too