Hurricane Sandy Thread

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
We've gotten some wind and rain, and our power flickered a bit last night, but we're okay at my house. And I missed two days of school, and my work was closed last night!:big_grin:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I've already posted how we did in a few threads but I'll post here too incase anyone cares. We did get hit but nowhere near what places like NJ got. My heart breaks for the ones who literally lost everything. Our power didn't go out. How it didn't I don't know. Because it should have. Particuarly around 8:00 it got really bad here wind wise.

Once again I wanna thank the ones who were there for me when I was freaking out knowing my husband was gonna have to be working in it. I can't name all of you but I am grateful to you. It's nice to know that I have some people on here I can call true friends. And he did make it back to and from safely.

Misskermie

Reaction score
I got hit by Sandy.
I must say, I was expecting much worse, but I managed to keep my cool.
It was still very bad.
A tree landed right in FRONT of my house.
Gave me a heart attack...

I was cold.

Really cold.

And wet too.

But, derp.

Hubert

Reaction score
Glad to hear you didn't suffer from too bad damage, but that tree landing in front of your house still sounds like an awful lot. Hope that you and your family will continue to recover from it all...

Hubert

Reaction score
I hope you can, successfully. I just can't imagine going through that...

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I was watching it today and I had to turn the TV off it was just too much to bear...