I Miss the Munsters :(

Drtooth

Reaction score
Funny thing is, before we got MeTV, there was RTV. And even though they had the same problem with infomercials (it was the same channel, you see) the one time they didn't air infomercials on Saturday Morning, they had the 80's or 90's (it happened in between those decades) Munsters. Voice actor Jason Marsden played Eddie. it was okay, I guess.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
RTV is still around, right now, they seem to play mostly obscure series that nobody really knows or cares about, such as The Bill Cosby Show, The Joey Bishop Show, little-known 50s Westerns, campy 70s series like B.J. and the Bear, cheesy 70s cop shows, among other things.

And I neglected to comment on your second paragraph before.
Epic fail!

mupcollector1

Reaction score
If someone put a gun to my head and forced me to choose between The Addams Family and The Munsters I'd be well and truly screwed.....
Well if anyone who ever had a gun in defense of something crazy like that, changes are it's going to shoot out confetti and have one of those cartoonish rool out thingies that say "BANG!", unless if it's the Joker from Batman....then there could be a secret explosive. Just be thankful it's not a situation of being tyed in a chair of explosives with Crazy Harry. ;p lol Couldn't resist. lol

But yeah like I mentioned, it just seems like two completely different families within the same genre. That's like choosing between The Muppet Show and Classic Sesame Street. It's the Muppet humor genre, two different audiences, two different universes, two different casts. Or even Three Stooges vs The Marx Brothers. Both are great in my opinion, they are in the screwball slapstick character comedy, two different universes.

Though if Eric Fogel was still making Celebrity Deathmatch for MTV, that's the ultimate court for vs pop culture. lol What a great show. lol :smile: I still remember Three Tenors vs Three Stooges, probably my favorite. lol

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wonder why the rest of the series wasn't in color like the pilot was? It's my understanding that Batman (being in color) was the reason The Munsters got canceled. Not only that, but most other shows, by that time, had already transitioned to color as well... just think: with The Munsters being a fantasy show, and color really lending itself to fantasy (one of the reasons the third season of Bewitched was so successful, as it was the first season that was in color), had they filmed in color, they could have had a decent run... they could have lasted five seasons at the least.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Yes, there were two different versions of the theme song, one for each season:

First Season Theme Song
Second Season Theme Song
Season 1: I like the keyboard rhythum. It's something to nod my head to in various directions. Kind of a sit in your chair kind of dance I suppose.

But Season 2 kind of makes me want to dance "The Monkey" Johnny Bravo style. It's more energized.

I tried to play them both at the same time but in my opinion, if someone took the keyboard rhythum in Season 1 and applied it to Season 2 and it would be great if of course The Munsters had a third season. But wasn't The Munsters revived for The Family Channel or Fox Family or something like that and 2 revival movies? I think there was even a revival in the 80s and who ever took over Herman, the voice was deep and raspy. Not Human Goofy yet polite like the real Herman.

Man, that guy was tall. lol

I remember someone told me that she seen a documentry about The Munsters on TV and she was afraid there was a bunch of arguments behind the scenes but instead basicly, the crew was like one big happy family :smile:

Anyone remember when Butch (aka Eddie) came on The Simpsons and Apu asked him "If your father was a Frankenstien Monster, Your mothers' the bride and your Grandfather was a Vampire, Why are you a wearwolf?" Then he thinks for a moment and brings out a smile "I don't know, I guess that doesn't make any sense." lol

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Someone posted the lost Munsters pilot on YouTube, featuring different actors playing Lily (known as Phoebe here) and Eddie:

HILARIOUS! Thanks for posting :smile:

Anyone remember Munsters dolls in the 1990s? I think I won a Herman Munster out of a claw machine at Ponderosa.
.Back in the days when plush dolls were made just the way I like them, rubber heads :smile:

I really love how they are all a blueish Terquoise. Decades ahead of America's Yellow Family "The Simpsons" :smile:

I wonder what executives thought when they got a pilot for a sitcom of monsters in a slapstick fashion. The glory days of creative television, beautiful, where has it all gone?

I love this pilot, super funny. My kind of humor. lol :stick_out_tongue: Though Herman's face looks slightly different.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder why the rest of the series wasn't in color like the pilot was?
I recall reading in the Nick at Nite 1997 calendar that it was considered too expensive to film in color and that the characters were considered too ugly for color.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Me-TV is supposedly airing the movie (Munsters go Home) today, followed by episodes of Car 54 where are you?

Better than nothing I suppose.

Hubert

Reaction score
Me-TV is supposedly airing the movie (Munsters go Home) today, followed by episodes of Car 54 where are you?

Better than nothing I suppose.
Is it bad that I've been more excited about Car 54 than the Munster movie? :stick_out_tongue: