What do you know about dreams?

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Had this weird dream where I woke (well, 'woke') up in my kitchen at three in the morning. Then I put some stuff away in the fridge and went upstairs to bed, where I found my curtains were still open. Despite it being nighttime, it was still bright outside. Then I went to bed and that's when I woke up for real and went to sleep again.

Hubert

Reaction score
I had the second of (what I consider) a dream that changed my life, this one probably more than the first one that I had a few years ago. I can't really talk about it, as most of it involved personal details that I don't feel comfortable sharing on here. I also found it strange that both of the dreams fell on a Saturday night. :dreamy:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I had a dream last night that I got shot in the shoulder in a dispute over a baseball card. Pleasant dreams! Woke up in a sweat and nearly fell out of bed.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Last night’s dream was weird. I somehow managed to arrange three different meetings on Monday at 4.20. One of those meetings was with a friend’s daughter after college (whom I’ve never met in reality) and another was at Rivendell. Only when I was on my way there, I was being carried by a river with a couple of dwarves while being chased by an army of Orcs. Then when I arrived, Rivendell had turned into a mixture of Mordoor and The Goblin Town.

I…may be more excited for The Hobbit than I thought.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I had something of an interesting dream this morning, where I was in Maine for some reason, and all of the sudden, there was HUGE flood (think The Day After Tomorrow, just without all the rain and drama), and I ended up getting caught in the flood waters.

Wasn't too scary, but it seemed like the currents I kept getting caught in tried to keep sending me towards power polls and those steel electrical towers, so needless to say, I was swimming like a maniac to avoid being electrocuted.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------
Er...your awake brain knows you'd have been dead anyway if there was ANY current on, right? :concern:

-------------

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes, but then again, are dreams known to make 100% sense anyway?

Hubert

Reaction score
I had a dream the other night that has now taken on an extremely new meaning.

In my dream, I met Kevin Clash. I was really excited and with 2 of my other friends, and I was asking him some questions (which one had really inside info, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was). Then, I thought of a new question. I was going to ask him whether he preferred Elmo's World or Elmo: The Musical. I looked up to ask him it, and he was gone. He left.

Now I thought this was just a cool dream, until it hit me this morning. I hadn't logged on to MC for about 2 days at that point, and something was trying to tell me about the news about Kevin. It's very metaphorical one moment he is answering my questions, and the next minute he left.

I'm beginning to feel like somehow I have this sense where I'm connected to the Muppeteers, as each night that something happens to one of them, I get some sort of sign about it before I even hear the news. First Jerry, now Kevin.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Lately, I've been experiencing something really incredible in my dreams lately: real-life senses.

Like, let me quote an older dream I had recently:
I remember here last month, I had this dream that I hid inside a new ice cream parlor, after dark, then long after it was closed, I snuck out front, and started pilfering some of the ice cream they had, because their flavors were SO good, so sweet and creamy, and full of all kinds of goodies... and the next thing I knew, I woke up, and the entire inside of my cheek was full of drool, I felt like a pelican.​

I actually experienced the sense of taste in that dream... I could actually taste that ice cream, and I still remember what the flavors tasted like; night before last, I actually experienced the sense of touch in a bizarre dream I had, in which, the reception of my wedding was just winding down, and my new bride had to leave (I don't even know or remember why, I just remember being broken hearted about it), so I'm hugging onto her and everything, and I could actually feel the lacing of the bodice of her dress in the palm of my hand as I hugged her.

It's so strange and bizarre, and yet, at the same time, it's almost kind of amazing and intriguing to be able to experience such senses in dreamland, it almost kind of brings dreams to a whole new level... I guess, in a way, sight and sound are already covered, so I guess that only leaves now the sense of smell. Wonder how long it'll be before that happens.​