Reverend sues his former church for some extra cash

mr3urious

Reaction score
Yet another powerful televangelist caught with his robe down:

http://www.twincities.com/national/...edral-founder-seeks-5m-from-church?source=rss

Pastor Robert Schuller, ex-founder of the world-renowned Crystal Cathedral and TV show Hour of Power, filed a lawsuit against the current owners of the church after going into bankruptcy a few years ago, mainly over intellectual property rights (and allegedly not knowing what teh internetz is :stick_out_tongue:) and living expense issues. He and his kids, however, were earning millions of dollars and living ultra-lavish styles for years prior to this.

I used to feel a bit sorry for the Schullers, since they didn't seem like the usual fire-and-brimstone type of preachers. But after seeing this, it's no wonder they're in so much financial trouble. All that money that could have gone toward helping the poor or at least keeping their ministry in business... :rolleyes:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Even if you're an older person and not computer literate, how in the world do you sign away rights to sell products on the internet without figuring out what it is? Do you just think "hey I'm gonna sign this agreement without understanding it" and grab a pen?

mr3urious

Reaction score
Even if you're an older person and not computer literate, how in the world do you sign away rights to sell products on the internet without figuring out what it is? Do you just think "hey I'm gonna sign this agreement without understanding it" and grab a pen?
I guess he was really desperate to save face, but yeah, that's not a good excuse.

Slackbot

Reaction score
How many people actually read the EULA before clicking "I accept" and installing software? When faces with pages and pages of fine print, people are very easily misled.