Speculation: Potential Sequel for "The Muppets"

Hubert

Reaction score
Did you guys like it because of my comment or my misspelling? :stick_out_tongue:

Hubert

Reaction score
I do like the tack misspelling though...it still makes some sense but it has a certain zing.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Because my optimism rocks and it's why this movie is being made. :stick_out_tongue:

ZIFFLED!

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Some of you are just blowing smoke out of your butt for no reason. You are given the vaguest of vague ideas and all of a sudden, "NOPE!! I DON'T LIKE THAT!!!" Really? Get a grip. You don't even have an official synopsis from Disney. Stop acting like you are the only person who knows what this franchise should do when you have no idea. Disney had a great critical, fan, award winning, and audience success with the last film using most of the same team. Stop showboating and trying to look like the biggest (and most pretentious fan) and remember that.
I've never made any claims of having superior knowledge to anyone else. Just as was the problem with the first film, I don't like how the new Muppet Movies are being created outside the Muppet family. That's an opinion. It's not being presented as fact.

I'm sorry that I'm not bleeding rainbows. Sometimes, I think 90% of this forum inhales unhealthy amounts of happy pills.

catherine

Reaction score
I believe everyone should be treated with respect and of course everyone does have an opinion.

Hubert

Reaction score
I've never made any claims of having superior knowledge to anyone else. Just as was the problem with the first film, I don't like how the new Muppet Movies are being created outside the Muppet family. That's an opinion. It's not being presented as fact.

I'm sorry that I'm not bleeding rainbows. Sometimes, I think 90% of this forum inhales unhealthy amounts of happy pills.
I can't say for sure, but I don't think that the previous poster was aiming that post specifically at you.

Also on the subject of your above comment about films created outside of the Muppet family, I feel like, in a way, that's not a bad thing. In fact, this film was created by fans, which are, in fact, part of the Muppet family. I think that franchises should engage with the fans more, and appreciate their feedback and such, even if it takes a mega superstar Muppet fan to do that. If the same 3 people always made Muppet movies, I think that eventually things might decline simply due to lack of other creative minds involved. Even from the early days, the Muppets have brought in other people to play substantial movie production roles...James Frawley was even brought in specifically to direct The Muppet Movie, and the trend of getting outside directors and writers was often continued throughout the Jim Henson era.