R.I.P Lucille Bliss (Voice of Crusader Rabbit, Smurfette, & others)

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I sadly missed this piece of news. Smurfs are almost as big in my house as Muppets are...... thats sad to hear that she died, but she has certainly left a legacy and will be remembered through her work.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Ah, I just saw this! Very sad. I wish it was more widely reported in the news.
Really loved her work. She was hilarious in Invader ZIM, great way to end a career. And hey, the woman was what, 95? Most of us can only hope to get that far up there.
96, actually. I hope we could get far to this age soon.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh wow, my Dad talked about watching Crusader Rabbit before school everyday. A very impressive resume. :smile:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Crusader Rabbit was the blueprint for Rocky and Bullwinkle- following the exploits of a cute hero and his dim-witted sidekick (in Crusader's case, it was Rags the Tiger).
RIP, Miss Bliss. But hey, 95? 96? We should be so lucky to make it that far.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Crusader Rabbit was the blueprint for Rocky and Bullwinkle- following the exploits of a cute hero and his dim-witted sidekick (in Crusader's case, it was Rags the Tiger).
RIP, Miss Bliss. But hey, 95? 96? We should be so lucky to make it that far.
Yeah. We should be lucky. The oldest living person who's still alive today is 116-year-old Besse Cooper. See for yourself.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/27/besse-cooper-worlds-oldest-living-woman_n_1833864.html