The Making of My Rowlf Replica Puppet

vic

Reaction score
Jim Henson: The Works. :jim: I have it as well. :smile:
That is absolutely correct! Here is a little update where I am checking out how everything is going to fit.He looks weird because he has no ears yet and the eyes are still cut outs made out of paper.... Stay tuned for the real permanent eyes. Also I haven't finish this nose it still needs a coat of black laquer and the fabric is just draped over his head with no cut or anything. Ps.... Thanks for the awesome comments :smile:

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Yes! You shall! It is a great book. You may have to save a pretty penny for it, though. It's rare nowadays.

vic

Reaction score
Ok guys, here is a shot testing one of the permanent eyes and what I think is going to be his final ears and nose . The eyes are not attached yet and not finished if I decide to go with this set I will sand out the rough edges, give it a coat of clear varnish for shine and make him a permanent pupil. Right now the pupil is made out of skulpey :smile:! the final pupil will be made out of felt or hand painted into the eye... Let's see what you think I am still not sure:

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
That is WONDERFUL!!! I wish I could make something like that! NICE, NICE JOB!

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I love the fur texture on the ears! Great job and thanks for sharing.

vic

Reaction score
That is WONDERFUL!!! I wish I could make something like that! NICE, NICE JOB!
Thanks!!!! and I am sure you can you already have the first ingredient and that is "the wanting" you are only seeing my best solutions so far I havent posted all my wrecks!!! :smile: for every acceptable nose there are other 4, 5 that are garbage, about 10 eyes that are useless I actually made 3 heads !!! It just takes a lot of trial and error. And I haven't even started with the tuff part which is cutting and stitching the fabric!!!!! Gosh I hope I get this right... It is getting expensive :wink: the good news is that once I am done I will know how to more or less make him. And all your feedback is priceless. Thanks again ! :wink:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Wow. I am insanely jealou... uh, ENvious of you right now man! :big_grin: I hope someday to actually find the time to make my own Rowlf, he's the BEST! You are doing such an amazing job with yours, I can't wait to see the finished Dog, and hopefully see/hear you perform him? :wink:

I will add, and maybe it's just me, but his pupils look a tiny bit small and placed too high imo. Though I did read that they're just standing-in for the finals, but I'd be remiss if I didn't say anything. Of course, it's your preference if that's how you want them! :cool:

Cheers man, and like I said, I can't wait!
:smile:
Anthony