The 86th Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Me want Barney back... ME WANT BARNEY BACK!!!

That is all. :laugh:
Chill down. Barney appeared in last year's parade with other cartoon characters such as Bugs Bunny, Clifford the Big Red Dog, Felix the Cat, Yogi Bear, Babar, and The Pink Panther.
Barney will probably be in this year's parade as well.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
Chill down. Barney appeared in last year's parade with other cartoon characters such as Bugs Bunny, Clifford the Big Red Dog, Felix the Cat, Yogi Bear, Babar, and The Pink Panther.
Barney will probably be in this year's parade as well.
I was joking - Sort of over-playing the fanboy sterotype. :wink:

While I doubt Barney will be in the parade this year, I'd be a very nice (Or, should I say Super-Dee-Duper) surprise if he does.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They used it in 2005, 2006 and 2007. And each time, they played the theme song to "What's New Scooby-Doo" underneath. Could this mean the original "Scooby-Dooby-Doo, Where Are You?" theme could be NO MORE in the future? :cry:
It's sort of akin to replacing the original Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies "Merrily We Roll Along" theme in a similar occasion with the late 1960s "klunky" version of the Looney Tunes theme music...
Some of the music choices they made are weird. They have an instrumental version of F.U.N. for Spongebob, rather than his theme song. Not to mention that at some point where they had the Big Bird Balloon they used the 90's end theme. I guess some of these are chosen by the studios, and they were using the What's New Scooby-Doo theme song to promote the show at the time.

Me want Barney back... ME WANT BARNEY BACK!!!

That is all. :laugh:
I want the Bart Simpson balloon back. A Simpsons balloon of any kind. It's not like it's a flash in the pan character anymore.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I want the Bart Simpson balloon back. A Simpsons balloon of any kind. It's not like it's a flash in the pan character anymore.
Is there still a height requirement for the balloons? I think I saw a documentary on the parade that said the Bart balloon was one of the ones judged too big after the accident years ago.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Some of the music choices they made are weird. They have an instrumental version of F.U.N. for Spongebob, rather than his theme song. Not to mention that at some point where they had the Big Bird Balloon they used the 90's end theme. I guess some of these are chosen by the studios, and they were using the What's New Scooby-Doo theme song to promote the show at the time.
The Sonic balloon used music from the first stage of Sonic 4, too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Is there still a height requirement for the balloons? I think I saw a documentary on the parade that said the Bart balloon was one of the ones judged too big after the accident years ago.
The balloon was too old anyway. They needed to make a new one. I'd say that they'd have a Homer this time around if they considered it, because the Bart balloon came out at the beginning of the series where Bart was the most famous one.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Witch Ballon of Sesame are we getting? I'm hoping we could get the Super Grover Ballon again.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Did we even have the Abby balloon last year? I forgot. I completely doubt we'll see the Super Grover balloon ever again. That's retired.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I didn't hear anyone say that there's going to be an Elmo balloon this year. I think the only Muppet balloon we're going to have is the Kermit balloon.

Status
Not open for further replies.