New Muppet Caper Movie 2013 Official Thread

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I was watching The Muppet Christmas Carol last night, and when the Dedication to Jim and Richard came up, I thought, "I really hope they dedicate the next movie to Jerry."

I will love Disney even more than I do now if they do that :smile:
I would love to see, "In Memory of Jerry Nelson (1934-2012)" or something dedicated like that. If me and my mom see that ssequel, she might get choked up and think, "Yep! I forgot that Jerry is definetely gone."

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
I was watching The Muppet Christmas Carol last night, and when the Dedication to Jim and Richard came up, I thought, "I really hope they dedicate the next movie to Jerry."

I will love Disney even more than I do now if they do that :smile:
I really hope they do that. I'm sure I'll still enjoy the movie either way, but it would be great if it was dedicated to Jerry.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I would bet they would have some dedication to Jerry in there.... I was watching Ninja Turtle 2 and for got that it was deicated in memory of Jim so if a cheesy Ninja Turtle movie (Okay the creature shop turtles were cool but I still prefer the first movie) can be dedicated to Jim I bet a Muppet movie can be dedicated to Jerry

Right. Muppet Christmas Carol was dedicated to Jim and Richard, so why not Jerry Nelson. Though I don't think I've ever seen Jerry Juhl's memory credited, unless it's on one of the Fraggle Rock DVD sets.

I remember hearing there was a bit of controversy with the dedication to Jim on the second movie. I remember hearing that Kevin Clash mentioned that the directors of the first movie were very angry with Jim Henson and The Creature Shop for the animatronics freezing up from time to time but still the movie was a box office hit which Jim was proud of but not so much with the negativeness of the Turtles directors. It's on the Kevin Clash interview made by the Tough Pigs guys. Forgot if it's part one or two. I don't remember. But it was a great interview.

But yeah like I said, I'd love for Frank to write and direct another Muppet Movie. Even "The Cheapest Muppet Movie EVER" script, there's a script that needs to be made. It was the lost Muppet Movie script written by Jim Henson, Frank Oz and Jerry Juhl. The original writers, so might as well if the script keeps coming into the meetings from time to time. Like I said, I think it would be really funny. :smile:

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
Forgive me if this has been said already, but I'd love to see more Pepe in this film. Not like overload, but just a nice dose here and there.
Me too. I loved his scene in the last movie! It was all about the original Muppets, but I liked that they included him in some way.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Woo and it's almost Dec which means that it'll only be one month till they start shooting! :big_grin:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Forgive me if this has been said already, but I'd love to see more Pepe in this film. Not like overload, but just a nice dose here and there.
Personally I miss Andy and Randy, Johnny Fiama and Sal myself when it comes to the Muppets Tonight Muppets. Plus it would be nice to see Bean Bunny again.

beaker

Reaction score
Exactly. I was none too pleased with his and Rizzo's noticeable absence from last year's movie.