Elmo Muppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Did anyone else listen to this weeks Muppetcast ? they talked about the issue a little bit and the lady that Steve had as a guest is a die hard Sesame Street fan, and the show means so much to her, and there was another lady recently that had the chance to meet Kevin and go to the set. both of the ladies stories of what Sesame and Kevin have done is so touching and now that will no longer be.
He would also do a lot of charity work, If any kid with the Make A Wish Foundation wanted to meet Elmo, Kevin did everything in his power to make sure that was possible.
Are you talking about the one with Mille Tirk as the guest? (That was one that was great too and very touching)
But I do remember someone sent in a story about Kevin helping her sick child, it was such a beatiful story, I really appreciate Kevin's work for Sesame Street, he didn't even have to go and help this person, he went out of his way to do that, and he didn't even get paid for it.
It just proves what a great guy Kevin is.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
That's one of the reasons why I have so much love and respect for Kevin. He was such a caring, dedicated individual. He's done so much for people for over three decades.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yes Milly Tirk, I want to get her on MC as well she has such a passion and a deep love for Sesame.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I never emailed her since she was on the show, I really should, I probably will later today.
Her story was very touching, if you didn't hear it, go listen to it, it can be found on the Muppet Cast website muppetcast.com and if you aren't a regular listener of the show, you should start listening now!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I agree, when this whole thing got started she said she almost was sick and hurt from all of it. Very sad very touching.

inturnaround

Reaction score
I want to give Kevin the benefit of the doubt by saying he's innocent until proven guilty, but I'd seem hypocritical if I didn't say the same to the accusers.
This is very true and I'm quoting it to underline it.

Honestly, who knows what happened? We weren't there. What seems increasingly clear is that Kevin showed poor judgment on more than one occasion (Gay or straight, it feels icky to have a grown man having sex with a person he knew as a child). How far that poor judgment went and did it become something criminal is not for any of us to say.

It was absolutely the right thing for him to resign. It's possible he may have even been pushed from Sesame Workshop. Post-Penn State, organizations have to be super vigilant in making sure to be seen as far away from these allegations as possible.

It's sad all around. I mean, in light of these accusations, can we watch him mentoring the young puppeteer from the Elmo documentary with the same eyes? I'm sad to say that I can't.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Exactly. The casual fan just knows him as the guy who does Elmo. If you really follow SS like us, you'd know that this loss is really a BIG loss. Bigger than anyone could imagine. Kevin devoted A LOT of time to SS, more than people realize.

Seriously, this news of his departure makes me so depressed. A person whom was so instrumental to my childhood is now gone from the most wonderful children's show of all time. I hate it had to come to this. Within a week Sesame Street has been changed forever.
Man, when you put it like that it's going to be looking like A BAD DAY on Sesame Street today. :frown:

Status
Not open for further replies.