Elmo Muppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaker

Reaction score
The Founding Fathers owned slaves and Thomas Edison stole every single one of his "inventions." Does that make them any less influential historically? Just because of some alleged poor judgement, Kevin didn't automatically become worse than Hitler, no matter how you look at it. People do have dark little facets of their personality and personal lives we're not supposed to know about that we'd rather not know. Meanwhile, didn't Cher marry someone who was barely 18 at one point? For like a week or something?
Woody Allen married his underage step daughter...and I love the guy like nothing else.
Same with Jerry Seinfeld, who also married an underage girl.

Chris Brown on the other hand, brutally attacked and almost killed mega pop star Rhianna. R Kelly raped a 12 year old. On camera. Both their careers have skyrocketed again, whereas Pee Wee Herman's career was destroyed for something almost innocent.
And yeah, we all love Lincoln. But he hated Southerners to the point where he signed off on pretty much genocidal campaigns against southern areas even after the war ended.
Lincoln also was a virulent racist in private regarding blacks, and almost seemed to have pushed the emancipation as a political move to spite the south. Point being, it's all about degrees.

President Obama wakes up every day signing off on drone attacks that kill innocent people on a weekly basis, and most people love him in a saintly manner. All Kevin is alleged to have done is meet a teenager 20 years ago who most likely carried himself as an 18 year old.

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
This is such a sad day for Sesame Street and Muppet Fans. Even though Elmo is not my favorite, he was always good for a laugh or a pick me up when needed. Kevin did so much for Muppets for children and adults. He voiced one of my Favorites when I was little Hoots The owl. Lets not forget Clifford and Muppets tonight!

Kevin was a great guy and I know Jim is looking down and making sure everything turns our right.

Thank You Kevin Clash for everything you done and thank for the Thousands of Smiles you Created!!

Here is one of my Favorite Elmo Clips

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Woody Allen married his underage step daughter...and I love the guy like nothing else.
Same with Jerry Seinfeld, who also married an underage girl.

Chris Brown on the other hand, brutally attacked and almost killed mega pop star Rhianna. R Kelly raped a 12 year old. On camera. Both their careers have skyrocketed again, whereas Pee Wee Herman's career was destroyed for something almost innocent.
And yeah, we all love Lincoln. But he hated Southerners to the point where he signed off on pretty much genocidal campaigns against southern areas even after the war ended.
Lincoln also was a virulent racist in private regarding blacks, and almost seemed to have pushed the emancipation as a political move to spite the south. Point being, it's all about degrees.

President Obama wakes up every day signing off on drone attacks that kill innocent people on a weekly basis, and most people love him in a saintly manner. All Kevin is alleged to have done is meet a teenager 20 years ago who most likely carried himself as an 18 year old.
Yes but again the way the media is showing this as if it was kids (0-10) and in realty of it all it was teens (10-18). When most people hear anything that would be aginst children of any age they get very protective of the children and the person that is being accused is evil. If there was a scandle between two adults, I'm sure Kevin would still be able to work at Sesame, but agin the key word here is "minors"

SSLFan

Reaction score
* Still optimistic that Kevin will in fact, one day return to Sesame Street.*

Maybe not right now, maybe not even for a few years, but one day. I have hope.

*Crosses fingers*

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow what a wonderful video, so moving for this time. That one made me shed a tear... I needed that.

beaker

Reaction score
This is such a sad day for Sesame Street and Muppet Fans. Even though Elmo is not my favorite, he was always good for a laugh or a pick me up when needed. Kevin did so much for Muppets for children and adults. He voiced one of my Favorites when I was little Hoots The owl. Lets not forget Clifford and Muppets tonight!

Kevin was a great guy and I know Jim is looking down and making sure everything turns our right.

Thank You Kevin Clash for everything you done and thank for the Thousands of Smiles you Created!!

Here is one of my Favorite Elmo Clips
That is simply amazing, gives me goose bumps. Thank you so much for posting that, definitely made my day. that clip pretty much sums up what Sesame Street and all of Jim Henson's Muppets are truly about.

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
I really haven't been on here due to my busy schedule, but I definitely needed to come on here for this.

This was a real big shocker for me when I opened my email twenty minutes ago and saw this email from Muppet Central, and saw the email subject; "Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame". I was honestly at a loss for words. I always thought Mr. Clash would stay at SW for as long as he can. His career, cut short by an avaricious and despicable dunderhead. I grew up watching Elmo, and his resignation will adversely affect not only SW, but the childhoods of thousands. My best wishes go out to friends, colleagues, family, and mostly Mr. Clash himself.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Why dose this make me miss Jim Henson? I mean more then normally I know he would not have been able to change anything I gusse I would just feel better knowing he is around to help with this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.