What do you think about Diabolo Puppets?

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
If you never heard of Diabolo Puppets before, it's a Canadian puppet manufacturer company. These great puppets come in low prices. Check out their website to see their catalog.
http://www.diabolopuppets.com/en/products.html

That's not all the puppets they have. Check these websites to see more of their puppets, as well as their custom puppets.
https://www.facebook.com/DiaboloPuppets/photos_stream
http://www.the100milechild.ca/supplier.php?supp_id=112

I have the mosquito, the dog, and the penguin puppets.

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
They look funky! What's your take on the quality, since you have some available to you in-person, FrackleFan?

Also, I find their "Gorg" hilarious. For obvious reasons :stick_out_tongue:

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
They look funky! What's your take on the quality, since you have some available to you in-person, FrackleFan?

Also, I find their "Gorg" hilarious. For obvious reasons :stick_out_tongue:
My take on the quality is that the quality of the eyes are perfect and makes them stand out so well. The fur and texture used for the puppets are very well fluffy. The overwall quality is outstanding and they have a low cost. They make them looks like a Muppet-type puppet. I would also like the Shnoz Monster puppet, since he looks similar to Gunge from "Fraggle Rock", as well as the other monster puppets because I don't own a monster nor Fraggle-like puppet yet.

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
My take on the quality is that the quality of the eyes are perfect and makes them stand out so well. The fur and texture used for the puppets are very well fluffy. The overwall quality is outstanding and they have a low cost. They make them looks like a Muppet-type puppet. I would also like the Shnoz Monster puppet, since he looks similar to Gunge from "Fraggle Rock", as well as the other monster puppets because I don't own a monster nor Fraggle-like puppet yet.
Thanks!! Now that you mention that, the eyes really do seem to be the thing that puts the icing on the cake, as far as quality aesthetic. And Schnoz does really look like Philo or Gunge with some long limbs. Really cute :smile:

I might look into one of these guys :excited:

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Thanks!! Now that you mention that, the eyes really do seem to be the thing that puts the icing on the cake, as far as quality aesthetic. And Schnoz does really look like Philo or Gunge with some long limbs. Really cute :smile:

I might look into one of these guys :excited:
I love Shnoz Monster, too. It's a shame that I live outside of Toronto. Steven Barkley, who's the creator of Diabolo Puppets, is going to appear in the One of a Kind Christmas show from November 22nd to December 2nd, which is happening in the Direct Energy Centre Exhibition Place in Toronto. I wonder if Shnoz and the other new ones are available at other places.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
They're great, but a little expensive in my opinion.
I dunno, maybe that's what puppets go for these days.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
They're great, but a little expensive in my opinion.
I dunno, maybe that's what puppets go for these days.
It's not a little expensive to me. I saw that the Axtell Expressions puppets cost a lot of money. Bubba the Bullfrog costs $69.95, the Dodo, Parrot, Buzzard, Cockatoo, Crow, Chicken, Rooster, and WildThing puppets cost each $129.95, the Elephant, Bear, Dragon, Dinostar, some of the Human puppets cost over 300 dollars, and the huge Ostrich puppet costs almost 700 dollars.
Pavlovs Puppets cost a boat load of money. None of their puppets cost under $200. The Dolly Parton puppet costs $1395 dollars. :eek: WOAH!!! I was surprised when I first saw that. Thank goodness the puppets from Diabolo Puppets are less expensive than the ones from Axtell Expressions and Pavlovs Puppets.

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
I got to play around with one that Unraku has & it was pretty fun to work with. lots of personality built right in. And they're not at all pricey. For a handmade, easy-to-use puppet with lots of expression, they're a steal!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
They really are some of the best affordable puppets you can find. They are produced for the mass market (Axtell puppets are completely different and intended for professional puppeteers and serious amateur Ventriloquists) but I think you'd be hard pressed to find better puppets in the same price category.

This shop sells some of the Diabolo Puppets online and they ship free to Canada and the U.S.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
They really are some of the best affordable puppets you can find. They are produced for the mass market (Axtell puppets are completely different and intended for professional puppeteers and serious amateur Ventriloquists) but I think you'd be hard pressed to find better puppets in the same price category.

This shop sells some of the Diabolo Puppets online and they ship free to Canada and the U.S.
That's great! Not only that they ship free to Canada and he U.S, they ship to almost any address in the world except for Burma (Myanmar), Belarus, Cote d’Ivoire, Cuba, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Eritrea, Lebanon, Liberia, North Korea, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Timor-Leste and Western Sahara.