Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

robodog

Reaction score
I've heard of 50 Shades of Grey, but I don't really know what it's about only that it's supposed to be terrible. It's hard to believe anything could be worse than Twilight.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've heard of 50 Shades of Grey, but I don't really know what it's about only that it's supposed to be terrible. It's hard to believe anything could be worse than Twilight.
Here's something.

50 Shades of Grey is really a Twilight Fanfic with all the serial numbers filed off. It was even confirmed by the writer herself. And it's the worst kind of fan fic. The sloppily written kind that's just an excuse to write characters in sexual situations, usually to fit in with some fetish or another. In this case, bondage.

I'd call that worse. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
So, other than The Hobbit, what movies are coming out next month? Last year, it seemed like you couldn't go 2 weeks without 3 blockbusters shoved into it. I mean, last November alone, there were no less than 5 kid's movies, 4 of which were running the same week period (we all know what movie one of them was). Seems now there are only 2, with Guardians out today.

Think they learned their lesson of squeezing too many movies in a single, not-Summer period?

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
So, other than The Hobbit, what movies are coming out next month? Last year, it seemed like you couldn't go 2 weeks without 3 blockbusters shoved into it. I mean, last November alone, there were no less than 5 kid's movies, 4 of which were running the same week period (we all know what movie one of them was). Seems now there are only 2, with Guardians out today.

Think they learned their lesson of squeezing too many movies in a single, not-Summer period?
Well, Theres This

And THIS

(Rolls Eyes)

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't think anyone's going to see either of those.

I was thinking more of the caliber of last year's nonstop blockbuster train with Mission Impossible and TinTin among others.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
I don't think anyone's going to see either of those.

I was thinking more of the caliber of last year's nonstop blockbuster train with Mission Impossible and TinTin among others.
Welll, There Is THIS For The Kiddies

But Yeahhh, Besides THIS And Those Other Two I Mentioned There's NOTHING ELSE!!

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I thought Life of Pi was a very manipulative and heavy-handed book, but every critic appears to be slobbering over the movie. Maybe it's the tiger?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I forgot I saw Skyfall this past weekend. I'm not a big Bond fan, so I can't really speak much of it. I though the ending scene was very well shot.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But Yeahhh, Besides THIS And Those Other Two I Mentioned There's NOTHING ELSE!!

WOW! That's quite the difference from last year. Only 2 competing kids movies (I don't think those 2 cheap-o films will be any competition), several strategically released movies for slightly older audiences... definitely not the three months of summer blockbusters shoved into a 2 week period. I guess The Hobbit and James Bond scared them all off.

I thought Life of Pi was a very manipulative and heavy-handed book, but every critic appears to be slobbering over the movie. Maybe it's the tiger?
I still don't get it. Especially since the commercials keep stating that the tiger is his greatest enemy. It's a bleeding tiger! It attacks prey and eats it. It's doing what it does naturally. How is that enemy material?