Elmo Muppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
To the very end, Kevin Clash truly was a man of great character and honor enough for him to quit so that Sesame Street and its company wouldn't suffer too badly from this.

Depended to the show to the very end. :super:
Yes Kevin loved Sesame and Elmo very much, and I know this has to be breaking his heart.

J10cool10

Reaction score
Always loved Kevin's work and being in the UK it's very hard to watch full episodes of Sesame Street. But he has visited us with Elmo this year and last and appeared on many television and radio shows - which have all been brilliant to watch.

I am an aspiring puppeteer and he has been one of my biggest inspirations. I was very sad to see the news of his resignation when it broke yesterday and still can't get my head around it. I, personally, can't believe any of the allegations are true and it is just someone trying to make some money. (Very much like some of the people coming out here in the UK in regards to Jimmy Savile - just some people after a quick bit of cash.)

I think it's very sad that someone's career can be ruined because of some allegations that, as of yet, have no evidence.

Walter

Reaction score
This is a very sad day in the world of Sesame. Regardless of how all of this turns out, we will always have the hundreds of hours that Kevin devoted to Sesame Street and Elmo.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Yes Kevin loved Sesame and Elmo very much, and I know this has to be breaking his heart.
Dedicated...that was the word I was looking for in my previous post. Kevin Clash was truly dedicated to his work to the very end. :wisdom:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, you think too, this is something he dreamed of doing since he was only ten: like to a lot of us, Jim was his hero, and inspired him to pursue a dream, and eventually, that dream did come true... and now it's all gone.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Whoever it is, what we'll have to do is be open-minded, supportive, and accepting over the recast.

Nobody will be like Kevin, but keep in mind, Kevin wasn't even the first to perform Elmo, Elmo was passed on to him by a fed up Richard (who inherited Elmo after Brian's departure). Whoever takes on Elmo now will need the same kind of consideration we gave Steve when he took on Kermit and Ernie, likewise Matt as he takes over Jerry's characters (and how he's already done an excellent job in proving to us that he'll be able to carry on Big Bird should anything happen to Caroll, God forbid).

Plus, we're just only in Season 43 right now, right? And they're current in the process of filming 44 at the moment, correct? Well, we won't be seeing 44 till next year, so we probably won't notice any kind of change or difference in Elmo for a couple of years or so, at the most.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Plus, we're just only in Season 43 right now, right? And they're current in the process of filming 44 at the moment, correct? Well, we won't be seeing 44 till next year, so we probably won't notice any kind of change or difference in Elmo for a couple of years or so, at the most.
Yeah, I'm almost certain it was posted here, but filming for 44 finished mid-December, so they must have gotten a lot done with him; I'm hoping they got the new ETM segments done first. The only other thing that would involve Elmo for the season are the word of the day bits they tape in the Spring; though they may just use Abby/Murray more heavily for those, or just AMs.

Rowlf86

Reaction score
I'm a huge Muppet fan and felt the need to talk with fellow Muppet fans about this. Its very sad that Kevin had to leave Sesame Street. He will always to me be known as Elmo regardless of who takes over for him. Elmo fans will someday be able to get used to the new voice just as we have now gotten used to Steve Whitmire and others taking over roles from Jim, Richard, Jerry and Frank. My prayers go out to Kevin and his family. Elmo has not always been voiced by Kevin in fact Richard Hunt and others voiced him in the early days. Kevin made the voice his own and for that we will miss hearing him. And I wish some of the news reports would stop making it seem like it was Elmo that was involved in this alleged act.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I was shocked when I heard about this. I mean, for the most part I've never really liked Elmo, but I thought Kevin Clash was kind of a cool dude. I went to the SST40 event at William Paterson University a few years ago, where Kevin and some of the other Muppeteers showed up (with Muppets, of course). It was a fun evening.

Here's hoping everything works out okay in the end.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This could be really an interesting and exciting time for Sesame . We all know that Elmo has been a huge part for the show, and now he might not be for sometime. This will be a great chance for the younger Muppeters to step up and try some new things.
It may also give some of the classic Muppets more screen time as well. I can't wait to see what is going to happen in the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.