Muppet One Shots

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Quick note here, listen to Jukebox hero while reading this, it was my inspiration!!
Floyd Oneshot: Jukebox Hero:

A guitar player without his guitar, is nothing, 'nuff said. Floyd could have been many other things than a bass player, could have followed his parent's wishes and been the idol child, a doctor or dentist maybe. But those careers didn't swing Floyd's groove like music and soul did, and so he became a musician, much to his parent's chagrin. In all honesty it had been his parent's fault for his infatuation with music. It had started when he was just beginning the wee years of his teen years and his father had been promising to take him to a concert on his fifteenth birthday. However it was soon canceled due to a business trip to be taken that very same week and Floyd's father was unable to keep his promise.

Deflated Floyd accepted his father's apology, although a little insincere, and decided to go to the concert himself unbeknownst to his parent's of course. The night he slipped away a thunder storm had rolled in and was practically pounding the ground with buckets and buckets of rain. Clenching his numb hands around his trench coat Floyd made his way to the ticket booth just as the salesman hung a “SOLD OUT!” sign on the window. “Please!” Floyd had begged, “You must have one ticket left, man!” The ticket man's hard expression softened when Floyd stood before him dripping and close to tears.
“I'm sorry kid,” he said, “you've missed it.” with that he stood up and donned his own coat before heading out into the furious wind and rain.

Floyd kicked the booth angrily and sat down under what cover the concert hall provided in defeat. “This is totally not rockin' my style, dude.” He muttered to no one. His ears perked up however when a strange noise caught his attention, it was uncanny and strange, almost like...strings in a techno way. Standing up the young muppet went over to the concert doors and peaked through as best he could, the site was breathtaking and Floyd found he couldn't mover. A tall slender man held the strangest contraption in his hands, swinging wildly and running his equally skinny fingers across the strings attached to the instrument.

Floyd listened intently as the man sang and worked the string machine in his hands at the same time. His eyes grazed hungrily over the slender fingers and strings and his ears would never again be satisfied with any other sound. That evening as Floyd walked home he no longer paid mind to the rain or coldness that swept the empty street, his mind was focused more intently on other things. When he climbed into bed much later that night the young muppet tossed and turned while his mind replayed what he had seen. Flashes of bright colors and glorious music coursed through his entire being until at last he fell into a deep slumber. When morning came, Floyd retrieved his piggy bank from the farthest corner in his closet and took what money he had saved to the music store.
When the manager counted the money he smirked at Floyd and walked into the back store cupboard. In his hand was a battered six string guitar with peeling red paint and multiple scratches and marks on the surface. Floyd had never seen anything more beautiful. As Floyd sauntered towards the front door the manager called after him.

“Hey, kid! What are you gonna do with that thing?” Floyd turned around and smirked, something he'd be known for doing in later years.
“Man, I'm gonna be a jukebox hero!”

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Figgie, I love you. :flirt: This was amazing!!!! And I listened to the song, too, while reading. Thank you so much for getting me into the song. :sing:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Figgie, you ARE my fanfic hero. I did listen to the Jukebox Hero song while I was reading it and that lead rapsy voice kind of almost sounds like what Floyd would sing in his band. (laughs) Good job and thank you for posting.

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
TOOT!
Figgie, I love you. :flirt: This was amazing!!!! And I listened to the song, too, while reading. Thank you so much for getting me into the song. :sing:
Daw! You're welcome! It's a good song, ain't it?

Figgie, you ARE my fanfic hero. I did listen to the Jukebox Hero song while I was reading it and that lead rapsy voice kind of almost sounds like what Floyd would sing in his band. (laughs) Good job and thank you for posting.
Haha, thanks! Yeah, that was my thought when I heard it!

Thanks for the positive feedback, everybody!