Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
As much as I enjoyed the MAD TV and Robot Chicken parodies...

• Big Bird is not called "Bird" by anyone other than Snuffy (okay, a few other have called him "Bird", but it's still pretty rare).
  • Snuffy is not imaginary. I know, prior to 1985, everyone still thought he was. Still, it wouldn't be a bad idea to do a little homework.
  • Bob doesn't wear glasses (then again, the MAD TV skits were more like parodies, hence Cookie Monster's yellow nose and Elmo's lack of a nose).
  • The Swedish Chef and Statler and Waldorf weren't on SS
  • Since when does Elmo have teeth?
  • And let's not forget putting Electric Company skits in the Sesame parodies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I think they can't exactly make carbon copies of the characters and settings and such, otherwise, they probably would end up being sued for copyright infringement... y'know, kinda like Larry King's old set was famous for the different colored dots on the wall, yet SNL's parodies had just plain white dots.

DrDientes

Reaction score
Reading an spanish article about Plaza Sésamo, the interviewer write Muppetero (Muppeteer) as Mopetero.

cjd874

Reaction score
Let's not forget when people say Oscar is a monster.
People, he's a Grouch! He lives in a ----ing trash can!!! (Dave Chappelle reference)
(video has explicit language, but is reaaaally funny)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I haven't heard too many false comments of Oscar being monster... but I WAS curious as a kid as to why Oscar was included in the chorus line of monsters in the original version of "C is for Cookie".

cjd874

Reaction score
I haven't heard too many false comments of Oscar being monster... but I WAS curious as a kid as to why Oscar was included in the chorus line of monsters in the original version of "C is for Cookie".
Interesting point, D'Snowth...never thought about that, even though I've watched said song may times for over 16 years of my life...