Question about MC Smilies

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK. I'm using Chrome. One day, I made a post, and when I went to choose the smiley I wanted, the box that has the smilies somehow doesn't appear where it should. It appears right in the middle of the page I'm on, unless I'm making a new topic.
I'm looking into this and will try to find a fix for you... Are you running any extensions or add-ons on Chrome?

It sounds like a temporary work around is to click on the "more options" link at the bottom of the quick reply area. This will take your reply to a new page just like starting a new thread.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
not a problem. If you can't, not a problem either. I'm currently working on copying the emoticons for the characters we already have into a notepad file just in case. By the way, who is this Muppet?: :ouch:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
not a problem. If you can't, not a problem either. I'm currently working on copying the emoticons for the characters we already have into a notepad file just in case. By the way, who is this Muppet?: :ouch:
:ouch: This is one of Marvin Sugg's Muppephones.

This page may help as well.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
ok. Thanks for the help. consider this thread closed.

Vincent L

Reaction score
Out of pure curiosity, did you actually clear your cache? And do you actually know what it is?

tutter_fan

Reaction score
yeah, I cleared it. Isn't a cache an area on your computer that stores all your websites you go to so you don't have to worry about trying to remember the addresses for each site?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
yeah, I cleared it. Isn't a cache an area on your computer that stores all your websites you go to so you don't have to worry about trying to remember the addresses for each site?
Depends really. You might have just cleared your history. On chrome the option is on on the history screen under the clear browsing data option and you want to make sure "clear cache" is checked in the popup...

It doesn't so much store what websites you go to as it does all of the files and information that website sends to your computer. Like, it stores information of pictures so the computer can quickly load them the next time you visit...

I still believe this problem is on your end, as I am using the most recent version of Chrome and not having any issues

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I'm using the recent version of chrome and I can't seem to understand why things are being buggy on my end. oh well......

MacyLynn

Reaction score
:sigh: How can I get these cool emoticons on my computer?
Or are they only useable on this forum?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, the Muppet icons are only available on this forum. Hope this helps. :wisdom: