Worst... Elmo product...EVER

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I rarely see good Muppet merchandise now a days. In my opinion, I don't think the current plush dolls are up to quality like they did back in the 90s and before. Though I think certain characters can be made of all plush and some art. Like Kermit is totally possible, I rarely seen bad Kermit dolls but for someone like Miss Piggy, I think a rubber face would work best then a plush one in my opinion because she has so much specific detail in her face other than Kermit who is more simply designed. Even Gonzo is pretty hard to make a plush with. I think the best Gonzo doll I've ever seen was the Muppet University one. Which was one of the first Muppet toys that I owned as a kid. :smile: So wonderfully crafted.

In fact I had Kermit and Animal too. Childhood Memories as a Muppet Fan :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Which brand are we talking about here? Barney or Sesame?
In general with any given franchise, actually. But there are a LOT of quite horrid Sesame Street plush out there that I don't feel like compiling. And Muppet ones too.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
You know, there's one thing that I always wonder. How come plush rejects always end up in claw machines? It's like 90% of the time, the most ugliest plushes of well known or half baked unknown characters are always in there and even well known characters of the wrong character. I can swear that I've seen a blue Twetty (Looney Tunes). I've even seen some horribly built Fozzie plushes with bulgy eyes or too small of a nose or something weird like that. Where are the glory days when toys were made and supervised by hand. lol

robodog

Reaction score
My favorite Gonzo plush is still the Fisher Price version that I had in the early 80s. The one I risked being mauled by a sasquatch to fetch from the living room when I was six. Long story.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
My favorite Gonzo plush is still the Fisher Price version that I had in the early 80s. The one I risked being mauled by a sasquatch to fetch from the living room when I was six. Long story.
For the Fisher Price line, I've always liked the Gonzo Beanbag. I love the sculpted face.

Gonzo is rare in terms of quality made merchandise.

I love Gonzo's hair on this Beany doll. Probably one of my all time favorite Muppet merchandise. The old suit that most of the characters wore during Season one. Even the Kermit dress up doll with his Trench-coat. Amazing. I think I had all the puppets growing up and I would put on puppet shows with them as a kid learning puppetry, before I made my own characters and used my imagination more. Though I was wondering if there was ever a Gonzo and Scooter Puppets. I always thought that it would be cool that they made a Gonzo puppet which his eye lids could move like the Animal puppet.

Sorry for going a little off subject there for a second. But yeah that small little Elmo doll. I remember having a small Cookie Monster one. Anyone remember an Elmo doll from the 1980s? 1986? I used to have one years ago and this of course was WAY before the whole Elmo popularity came about and the Tickle Me Elmo dolls. I tried to look for it on Muppet wiki but I don't remember who made it. It was this big Elmo doll that like quite shaggy kind of like the old Grover dolls at the time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, there's one thing that I always wonder. How come plush rejects always end up in claw machines? It's like 90% of the time, the most ugliest plushes of well known or half baked unknown characters are always in there and even well known characters of the wrong character. I can swear that I've seen a blue Twetty (Looney Tunes). I've even seen some horribly built Fozzie plushes with bulgy eyes or too small of a nose or something weird like that. Where are the glory days when toys were made and supervised by hand. lol
The strange thing is, while not the highest of quality, some of those things are quite good and unfortunately unavailable anywhere else. The Ghostbusters assortment that went directly to crane games especially. They even had some decent ALF ones at some point.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Oh, come on, everybody... I think it's kinda cute. :stick_out_tongue:

Besides, in terms of failure, there is NO beating this:

Okay....so the age of Elmo's target audience (exculding myself of course) would be using a flashdrive because?

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
Anyone remember an Elmo doll from the 1980s? 1986? I used to have one years ago and this of course was WAY before the whole Elmo popularity came about and the Tickle Me Elmo dolls. I tried to look for it on Muppet wiki but I don't remember who made it. It was this big Elmo doll that like quite shaggy kind of like the old Grover dolls at the time.

Would it happen to be this 13 inch Elmo from Knickerbocker?

mupcollector1

Reaction score

Would it happen to be this 13 inch Elmo from Knickerbocker?
Yeah I think so. I used to have a whole bunch of them as a kid. Even the early Telly plush I think was from Applause. In fact, I think the Elmo I had which looks very similar to that was made from Applause as well. It was one of the first Sesame Street lines from Applause I believe.