Elmo Muppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
You're not a bad person; you shouldn't think bad thoughts about others. You're better than that. That's all I'm saying.
Thanks, heralde, I appreciate that. Unfortunately though, I do think negatively towards others for various reasons.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Is it just me or has anyone have a bit of trouble with watching Elmo lately on Sesame Street ?:frown:

beaker

Reaction score
I have to disagree about Elmo being separate from Clash. Kevin IS Elmo. Sure they can replace him, but when you see behind the scenes footage, see the Being Elmo documentary...to me they are inseperable.

Hubert, you're entitled to your opinion, but I have to politely disagree. I believe if someone commits something unspeakable, they should not be forgiven like nothing happened. Maybe you'd feel different if you were a parent of the kids who are claiming they were abused, or if you had a family member who did something truly awful to someone else. I have relatives who have done horrendous things, and sorry myself and other family members don't forgive them.
Yes, but I don't think anything Clash may have done comes anywhere near the realm of the Sandusky case. To me the unimaginably amazing and great work Clash has done far outweighs any bad decisions he may have made. I definitely won't let whatever happened or didnt happen cloud my views of him as a person or performer.

beaker

Reaction score
LOL, I understand where you're coming from, D'Snowth, and I agree there's a lot of wackos at these things, but I think that's kind of part of the fun, and honestly, when I go to these things I'm on my own agenda seeing different panels/celebs, etc. and I focus on that and really don't associate with the rest of the con goers, mostly because a lot of them are so "out there". Some people genuinely eat, sleep and breathe whatever they're into and I just don't get it. Even as much as I love the Muppets, I'm into all kinds of things and love them all equally, and I know when to turn those obsessions on and off. My boyfriend (now husband) last time we went to the NY Comic Con a few years back, remarked to me that he was so happy I'm not as nuts as some of the other women there walking around in costume, etc. He said he can deal with my interests because I don't go overboard.
Oh man, I love the girls who cosplay. Can't say I havent done my fair share of flirting. I definitely would love to be with a big time nerd girl who makes outfits.

Everyone on here needs to see Comic Con A Fan's Hope theatrical documentary:smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Well said, Heralde. I enjoy Kevin's work and his characters, and you can't deny his talent. ****, we still don't even know if all this is true or not, but I agree, people have to learn how to separate the character from the performer. I cant' stand reading how "Elmo" did this, etc. in the media lately. Elmo didn't do anything. Elmo's not real lol
It's like my husband and I discuss Michael Jackson all the time and what happened with his whole scandal, etc. We both agree we can still enjoy his music and just not like the man for what he did. There are tons of actors, musicians, etc. who I really don't like them as PEOPLE from what I've seen firsthand or heard, but I can still enjoy their movies, etc.
That's true to some extent. I now am disgusted by Mel Gibson, but am a really big fan of a few of his films(like Signs) I never believed the Michael Jackson allegations other that he had a Peter Pan complex, but there have been some cases where the private actions of celebrities have turned me off to their work.

I personally don't necessarily doubt the accusers, but I think there should be context noted. It would not be earth shattering if the accusations are true, even though I'm pretty sensitive to any topics of alleged sexual abuse. It's just from even what is alleged, the whole situation seems a bit blurry

Status
Not open for further replies.