TV Alert: The Muppets on NBC's Christmas in Rockefeller Center November 28

Hubert

Reaction score
I don't like that Kermit was kinda cut from the beginning of the song, you couldn't hear what he was saying. I don't think this was lyp-synced, becuase Cee's words were slightly different from the song and the video. Nothing beats live performances.

I don't understand who's in charge of Cee'Lo's wardrobe, he looks like he's trying to copy Elton John in some way but failed badly.
I'm wondering if maybe Cee-Lo was speaking live, and the Muppets were pre-recorded? It would be a bit awkward for Cee-Lo there, but it's a possibility.

cjd874

Reaction score
I'm wondering if maybe Cee-Lo was speaking live, and the Muppets were pre-recorded? It would be a bit awkward for Cee-Lo there, but it's a possibility.
I think that's it! That's the only reason I can think of as to why Cee Lo would be speaking over Kermit's prerecorded introduction.

Mistoffelees

Reaction score
Also, on the subject of Animal, he was very inactive today. Now this is to be expected, as the performer performing Animal was obviously tied up with Fozzie's right arm (as I assume one performer had Fozzie's mouth and left hand, and another had Fozzie's right hand and Animal), but still, odd to see him so well-behaved. Though it was nice to see him there, he looked so fake and stone solid that he appeared as more of an animatronic than a puppet, to the point where I almost wish that he wasn't there.
I highly doubt that one performer was doing Fozzie's right arm and Animal, because that would mean his arms were crossed in front of him, making it difficult or him to perform either. From this video, I can't tell if Fozzie actually had a second puppeteer, as his right arm didn't seem to be moving. I don't think Piggy had a right arm performer either. I think Animal was quiet because he was chained and didn't have any solo lines until the end of the song. I always like to see him there.

If I had to guess performers, (as I love to do) I would imagine Eric was doing Piggy with Dave Rudman performing Fozzie, Peter Linz performing Animal and Matt Vogel as the Snowths.

Hubert

Reaction score
Ah, true, I forgot about the fact that the performer couldn't use his left arm to do Fozzie's right arm. :oops: And looking back again, Fozzie doesn't have a second puppeteer, as his arm is flopping around freely.

Still, on Animal, I woulda thought they should at least have him move around a little even if he couldn't talk...he seemed pretty still throughout.

Also, Miss Piggy never really needs a right hand puppeteer due to the fact she is a hand rod puppet rather than a live hand puppet. For extravagant scenes, she might, but on a run-of-the-mill thing like this where her hands really don't need to move, one puppeteer can operate both rods.

Mistoffelees

Reaction score
I was under the impression that Miss Piggy alternates between being a hand-rod puppet and a live hand puppet for her appearances. I feel like I've definitely seen a live-hand Miss Piggy in the last few years, possibly Christmas at Rockefeller Center 2009 or D23.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
the live shows on tonight they also said its going to be on youtube which maybe they are waiting til its no tonight

Hubert

Reaction score
I was under the impression that Miss Piggy alternates between being a hand-rod puppet and a live hand puppet for her appearances. I feel like I've definitely seen a live-hand Miss Piggy in the last few years, possibly Christmas at Rockefeller Center 2009 or D23.
I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure she hasn't been a live-hand puppet, mainly do to proportion issues. Live-hand puppets' hands are much bigger than hand-rod puppet hands, so I feel like the bigger hands wouldn't fit with the rest of her. I could be wrong, though.

I do think there may have been some shots in Muppet movies or specials and such where only her hands were shown for a few seconds lifting something or another, and there gloves were used for her hands.