New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've said this before, and I'll say it again. We don't really need that many celebrities this time around. Yeah, having a load of celebrities in the last movie helped boost attention. But since the Muppets are back in the spotlight, they can go back to doing movies with only a few celebrities. And preferably ones who will actually keep the story moving.
There were quite a few celebrity cameos in the original 3 movies, and it seems to be a tradition. The only real difference was the film was marketed with more star power (at least in the US) than most of them. MupOz boldly states it features Ashanti. Actually, all the fairy tale movies heavily feature the human stars, but only Oz had the cameos.

I definitely want the story to focus on the Muppets themselves this time. They already went through the getting the band back together plot that, let's face it, they needed to do. Humans should be second string even if they're important to the plot... Doc Hopper, The Holidays, Jenny and Pete.... a co-existance that isn't dominating.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
They probably won't announce the release date till their done filming. And I'm optismistic of a 2013 release. The last film was suppose to be released in Dec and they bumped the date up to Nov. We'll just have to wait and see. But I am fully confident! :smile:

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i have a couple people to either get a role or cameo but yes help the plot move
- Cee Lo
- NPH
- i want some muppeteers to make some obvious cameos

NO WHOPPI GOLDBERG or however you spell it

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Since they will be in England, I'd love to see Rowan Atkinson make a cameo but given he's moving on to more serious acting roles these days, I can't imagine he'd want to take part in any Mr. Bean-like shenanigans.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Where and when did he say this? :smile:
During the D23 Q&A in NYC. Phillip posted the video in the thread. Kermit mentioned everything from shooting in Jan to them being over in London for about 4 months. Like I said if Kermit says so than that's all I need to hear. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
i have a couple people to either get a role or cameo but yes help the plot move
- Cee Lo
- NPH
- i want some muppeteers to make some obvious cameos

NO WHOPPI GOLDBERG or however you spell it
Switch Whoopi and NPH, and I'm cool with that arrangement.

cjd874

Reaction score
Is there even the slightest possibility of Frank Oz being involved? I heard that he didn't like the last movie because it wasn't as hard-edged or witty as the original Muppet movies. Here's hoping that he has a cameo of some sort.
Have there been any recent details regarding the plot of the new movie?

Also, I was very happy to see obscure Muppets like Wayne and Wanda, Thog, and Marvin Suggs in the last movie from 2011. I would like to see even more of those characters...like the Newsman was supposed to have a scene in the 2011 movie, but apparently it was cut. I'd like to see the Newsman, Beauregard, Pops, Link, Dr. Strangepork, Crazy Harry, and others have at least two or three lines to speak...

Status
Not open for further replies.